MODS! Use your powers for good!

Help in the development of Austarion
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

MODS! Use your powers for good!

Post by Chris 83JA »

Mods, it's time to use your power to change words into other words for good.
How about everywhere you see:
austarion.com/forums/

it gets changed to:
forums.austarion.com/

so that in-topic links to other topics in the new server still work!
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

you is very smart like! Unfortunately you can't replace a slash, i'm guessing because it's used as an escape character... but i have managed it a different way for now ;)
_

Post by flav »

..and add a sticky for Flav (ZOOM Tuning)so he doesnt have to stay up all night answering all the 'wanted' parts ads. This just takes me fkn hours, and alot of the newcomers just dont know that i have everything for these babys. If i dont have it, i get it. Im here to help Deeks, so help me to make it easier for everyone.
hoongirl
Ace Girl Retraction

Post by hoongirl »

Why not have a listing/sticky for workshops we've used and know are good?
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

yeah give flav, redzone and chris collier stickys, even if its just one sticky with all of thier names and numbers in it
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Speaking of which, what about the rest of the country? Perth, Adelaide, etc. :?

Could be nice to know who we trust when elsewhere in the country, also very helpful for newbies! I was lucky to get involved with a Staz expert early, but have you ever spoken to a basic mechanic like a Repco joint? These guys know their cars, as long as it's a Holden or Ford! Know what I mean?
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

but have you ever spoken to a basic mechanic like a Repco joint?
I go into repco all the time with part numbers and it still takes ages for them to look it up.. and then they say "that's not the right part" and I say "just order it.." it's a fun game :)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

that sounds not too shabby... i know you're not allowed to badmouth companies online, but promoting would be ok... would need a point based system, this many positive points = added to 'places recommended by austarion users' sticky post...

Or even better, a motorbike forum i know has sponsors... not in a sense that they supply money to run the site, but they offer a discount to members... If you go there, say you're with this club (wearing the club t-shirt, have the cluc sticker on your car) then they can offer 10% off or whatever... that way they become a known person for that vehicle, and that club has a reliable (and discounted) source.

Maybe we should start start seeking sponsors for discounts? approach mechanics you use, repco or a smaller version etc
_

Post by flav »

Yep, i agree with you on that one. Forum members have always gotten discounts from me and some even get parts for free. I also have a discount system with Bursons and the savings are passed directly to you guys. The servicing of Starions, and your other cars as well, are always done at discount rates too and the times that you guys drop them off and pick them up!?!?!....and then theres the characters who always check my work by doing an official 'burnout' out front my place.... Yeah, and did i mention discounts on tyres? No one can beat me on tyres!
..end of the day i bust my chops for you guys, even my little 7 yo complains about all the Starions, then theres the GF...OMG Do they complain or what!.....and then theres the neighbours.
Im so lucky that it's the Starion owners who leave with a smile that make my day.
Seeking Sponsors for Disconts? Your already getting them from ZOOM Tuning.
Sticky Flav, I fkn deserve it....
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

How about another section in the Trader area for starion workshops/mechanics/machinists etc.. so that people like redzone, flav, chris collier, coltspeed etc.. can list their contact details, services and items for sale. And give only them the powers to create new topics there. Each persons topic should have 1 option poll which you can click if you would like to recommend that particular trader.

Or perhaps a section on the main site
Or both?

I think it would help people who are after professional sevices to easily find what they want. Of course, a requirement of being listed will be some sort of discount or cheap rates for starion people, or a special knowledge of starions, as I know CC and Flav provide.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

the site is undergoing a major re-design change behind the scenes at the moment in order to give users more value-added services for our usual low price.. FREE!! :) .... this is one of the options we are certainly taking a long hard look at...
---------
TVR T350C
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Cool, sounds good.
decoy wrote:you is very smart like! Unfortunately you can't replace a slash, i'm guessing because it's used as an escape character... but i have managed it a different way for now ;)
Can you escape it with a \ ? (my php is a little bit rusty)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yes i would most certainly appreciate having my workshop contact details listed in a sticky for sure, i`m doing my best to service the needs of anyone that requests my help whatever that may be, but starion owners will always get special treatment with cheap parts and advice etc ..

i want these cars to once again become a force to be reckoned with(people were in awe of these cars when they were released) much like the 240Z and early mazda rotaries have enjoyed a resurgence in popularity, and the best way of achieving this is to make sure as many of em are on the road doin their thing reliably by helpin u guys out.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I think adds or Stickys for the guys who REALLY help out is the go.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

Flav....You always make me sticky ;)

But you are the God amongst the Starion community.
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321