GT-wing + staz hatch = ??

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
benny
I love starions

GT-wing + staz hatch = ??

Post by benny »

just wondering if anyone has attached a gt_wing to a staz hatch before?

i have one that i'd love to fit ( most people hate it but i love it.. lol ) its just that i don't think there is enough "meat" to bolt into.. might crack the rear window from pressure? anyone know?
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

It's all fibreglass and glass back there. I wouldn't risk it.
Also another small problem I think......

JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Pretty sure a guy under user name Don_Vitto had a wing on his.

Dont do it. car is from a different era and wing wont suit the shape.

Oh and bogans in commodores and falcons will chase you.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

JD_Stazza_Brendan wrote:Oh and bogans in commodores and falcons will chase you.
At least you'll be able to outrun them with all that downforce LOL
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 957032.htm

not the greatest photo to show you, but this is JAS starion thats sitting in his garage, sure if you ask him nicely he would take a better photo and post it.
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

lol @ rice

i thought i might get a post like that rofl
well its a lot more aggressive than the wing in that picture, it almost makes it look like a RC car without the antenna but i like it. might try and get a pic of me just holding it in place, you may change your mind .. or laugh some more :P

bogans i can ignore but glass cracking and the wing ripping off i can't.

p.s. it cost me .2 of a sec when it was on my skyline down the quarter so it does actually do something.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Eh... a wing won't make you faster! Didn't you go to school?

The wing creates downforce, which actually makes you slower, as it pushes the car to the ground. The "GT-Wing" is designed for tuned "GT" race cars to enable them to maintain a higher speed through cornering on race circuits.

Unless I'm mistaken, I highly doubt that you are running in excess off 600Bhp, racing on a circuit or have put aside a wind tunnel timeslot for testing!?

No, it doesn't look good. No you shouldn't put it on a Starion. The Starion has a bad enough name without you going out and making it a laughing stock! Not to mention that there are hardly ANY Starions left in Australia and you want to butcher another one!?

You want a wing... go buy a Civic. They need one, as their cornering is shithouse! :x

End Rant!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

" it cost me .2 of a sec when it was on my skyline down the quarter so it does actually do something. "

cost : [verb] require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice

^ learn to read!! before going off like a pork chop. i'm not a dumbshit who thinks stickers and a wing will give me 1000hp. so ease up alright :roll:

since when does the starion have a bad name?
and how does fitting a gt-wing butcher the car??

personal preference is a PERSONAL thing so please don't subject me to yours by telling me how my car should look. :x

either post something useful that'll help or humorous for us all to laugh,
if you want to rant........ boostcruising is that way ---->> :D
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

I say do what you want, but anything ricey is always gonna cause a reaction.
_

Post by bigd »

chunkhead wrote:Eh... a wing won't make you faster! Didn't you go to school?

The wing creates downforce, which actually makes you slower, as it pushes the car to the ground. The "GT-Wing" is designed for tuned "GT" race cars to enable them to maintain a higher speed through cornering on race circuits.

Unless I'm mistaken, I highly doubt that you are running in excess off 600Bhp, racing on a circuit or have put aside a wind tunnel timeslot for testing!?

No, it doesn't look good. No you shouldn't put it on a Starion. The Starion has a bad enough name without you going out and making it a laughing stock! Not to mention that there are hardly ANY Starions left in Australia and you want to butcher another one!?

You want a wing... go buy a Civic. They need one, as their cornering is shithouse! :x

End Rant!
rofl rofl rofl That's some serious "got up on the wrong side of the bed" sh*t right there!
Think a big wing on the back of a civic would make it understeer even more too!

If you still want to put the wing on you'd have to find a way to brace it, say on the other side of the hatch to stabilise all the flex in the hatch. Just lift up the hatch and see how much flex it has. Wouldn't want to be doing 120kmh and have your back windscreen shatter!!
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

Do what you want, it's your car at the end of the day and it's you it's got to please not anyone else!!!

I think T-wings looks good on the right car.
The starion would suit one but it has to be the right height, angle etc :)

Ps. heres another photo of one with a gt or t-wing:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 963020.htm

another thing about pleasing people is that car in the above link I love the mags on it, they're different and i think suit the starion, JAS on the other hand isn't so fond of them.... just goes to show how different peoples opinions are.....
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

a pic of it on my skyline,

so the bracing will be a problem like i thought :cry: oh well i'll see what happens, will definately post the pic of me holding on though :D
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

Each to his own - I would more likely use it to hold up some of my wifes pot plants. :D

If you think it looks good do it :) - but I would be concerned about the damage it may cause the back of the car. :(
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Noddy wrote:Each to his own - I would more likely use it to hold up some of my wifes pot plants. :D
:(
You can buy pots with flat bottoms now which actually stand up all by themselves. They sell them at most garden centres etc. LOL LOL LOL LOL
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

Just thought it would provide better drainage for the pots instead of sitting them on the ground LOL LOL Its got some good altitude :D
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......