Front seats re-trim or replace

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Front seats re-trim or replace

Post by Chris 83JA »

Hi All,

Anyone had their front seats retrimmed in Melbourne and can recommend a good place? What sort of prices should I be looking at?
Would probably need re-stuffing (what's the proper word?) as well.

Alternately, anyone put some seats from a newer car in, or can think of any that would go well with the grey interior?

Thanks,
Chris
madeofmilo
Enthusiast

Post by madeofmilo »

hey chris I got a quote for $1300 in leather and $700 in vinyl.

Why not use the black interior out of your yellow JA, that would look sick.

cheers Dave
My JA has perfect motor - FMIC - forgies - high flow head but...rusted front guards and keyed on every panel. Time to get serious or time to take it to the tip.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Cheers Dave
The yellow JA may be up for sale soon, and I think I'll be leaving the black interior in it. Grey suits the silver one I think..
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i just replaced the front seats in my ja with adr approved just jap recliners costing around $700 after freight costs to get em here. i have made up plates that sit on top of part of the original seat brackets which i cut/unbolted from the original seat rails. it all fits nicely but u wouldnt want to be 7 foot tall as they are about an inch thicker in the base than the original seats! so u do sit a little higher. they're nice but!

i can reproduce the mounting plates for u for $200 plus freight if u want to go down this path! they're 3mm mild steel, passes qld transport requirements, that which i'm pretty sure would be the same in every state.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

can we get pics? I was thinking about changing seats one day. Not sure the path I am taking though
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

There is another option, obx daytona seats line up with the existing starion rail and require 2 holes to be drilled to fit them. The only issue is they are fixed back and you will need to make new levers to allow foward and back seat adjustment.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five