Do Cordia seats bolt in?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
robert26t
Enthusiast

Do Cordia seats bolt in?

Post by robert26t »

Just came across a pair of cordia seats that i like. Do the fit the staz and can they be bolted in or do they need modification.

Im sure this has been covered before but i cant find anything on it.

Cheers,
Rob.
CaptShiner
Dorifto!

Post by CaptShiner »

I doubt they would be a straight bolt in, due to the unique mounting points a Starion has. However you most likey would be able to adapt the cordia seats to the Starion seat rails. I haven't done it with a Cordia seat before, but have with an aftermarket one.
panda
Enthusiast

Post by panda »

Refering to RHD Starions, the passenger side has flat mounting points & Aussie Sigma seats will bolt straight in level. BUT, on the drivers side, the floor is raised by about 20mm on the front inner mounting point to allow the muffler to fit underneath. Bolting in any non-starion seat will cause the seat to lean out towards the door, unless you space up the outer front mount to compensate, but this then makes the seat sit higher, not good. :(
In order to fit my race seats to my rally starion, I had to cut out all of the raised section of floor, & fabricate & weld in a whole new floor section. Then had to custom make 4 new seat rails to suit the new floor shape to allow the new race seats to fit down & back from the original position. Big job but its now all done. :) Next job, finish the roll cage off to fit intrusion bars around the seats.
Dreams have no limits.

1982 JA - Ex Enthuzed
1982 JA - For Sale - pending
1983 JA - Ex Auto-cross car - being parted out
1983 JA - Being parted out
1984 JA - Rolling shell - For Sale
1985 JB - Rally car project
1985 JB - Autocross car
1985 JB - Week-end cruiser
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Would like to see some photos of that Pete.

I had the front seat mount section that is between the door sill and the trans tunnel hacked to lower the race seats that I used to have in the black car. Total butchery!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
robert26t
Enthusiast

Post by robert26t »

thanks for the replys! Sounds like that will go in the too hard basket for now :(. though is still tempting to buy the seats..
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by bridgey »

Any drawings of the brackets?
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox