New instrument faces *Available NOW!!*

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

PM me the details, consider it ordered.

:D :D :D :D :D

cant wait to see them in my car. A lil chrissy pressie for me and my stazz.

:beer HCCA
- el schmicko detailer -
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Installed in my car as of yesterday (standard lighting is a bit dull but liveable)

hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Yeah, the blue was a bit dark - blue globe covers might help as they will stop that white light shining through the needles.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Bring on the blue EL wire :beer

Ive paid for some red ones, and got a 240 speedo sorted, now just need the engine to go with it, and Im away.
Frosty_The_Punk
Newcomer

Post by Frosty_The_Punk »

what's involved in making these?
I have my own design for my scorpion. but it would help if i could have detailed infomation about making them
could you please e-mail me at frosty_the_punk@hotmail.com
thanks =)

this is my design
Image[/img]
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

If you give him the hook up, let me know too :D Im just curious, but I guess Ill see how when the guages turn up.

I was tempted to ask to have the turbo decal replaced with a smiley face, but I resisted.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

what's involved in making these?
I have my own design for my scorpion. but it would help if i could have detailed infomation about making them
If you can provide me with scans that are the correct size, I can make them for you, although they made need some slight modifications for the colours. (Actually printing a design on is significantly more expensive as it uses different equipment). Doing a one-off by yourself isn't very easy or economical, but if I could incorporate them into another run, they can be done cheaper. If those are the only two gauges you need, they won't cost you much.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Just FYI I am expecting my EL Cable to arrive tommorrow or possibly today. When it gets to my place and its in the car ill take some more pictures so you guys can gauge for yourselves whether or not you like what it looks like.

I am not sure about a group buy price, but you would be looking at around $18 for an EL cable kit with 2m of el cable (red, green or blue) and inverter. You'll have to chop off the standard connector and wire your own one up to the power source of the current globes, but should not be too hard for most electrically minded people.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I'm looking at getting some, but not sure if it's going to work out much (or any) cheaper in the end. It probably depends how much I order. That price isn't too bad.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

my sparky mate and i are coming up with some custom l.e.d's for the starion, interior and exterior. I'll keep u posted.
Pic should'nt be 2 far away.
- el schmicko detailer -
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Mine arrived safe and sound, look like excellent units, cant wait to get them in.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

mine 2. Looks great with the steering wheel and guages but i pulled it out again cause i think im going to put a new boost guage in. Thanks hcca great work
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Thanks guys :)

For anyone who wants to play around with EL lighting, this is exceedingly cool in my opinion:

The photo just doesn't do it justice unfortunately :) Stealth gauges! (You would definitely need a lights-on-during-the-day setup for this!)

BTW, for those wondering, the pink thing behind it is a dodgy stubby cooler featuring sex positions.. it's the only one I could find.. and I just spilt my beer everywhere.. bloody hell.. :x
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

That does look very cool, but whats with the little white bits all through it? does the light shine through those?
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

With the exception of one white bit (which was a bit of dust), it's all just reflection off the flash :)