Airdamn solution, will fit both front bumpers.

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

no probs man, im working tonight, but ill call him after work tomorrow. If i can find 5 spare mins tonight ill do it then :).
Black JA
'throw me a frickin' bone here'

Post by Black JA »

thanx mate...ur a legend... :wink:
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

i don't know if jason will know about the extra costs australia side? the best thing you could do is ring the airport or better yet customs and say you are recieving a $300 car part from NZ, what taxes and duty will i have to pay? he will tell you exactly what percentages and stamp duty etc.
Black JA

Post by Black JA »

Jason emailed me and told me he would call customs here in australia and find out, i'd do it but u probably would have to know the specs of the air dam, eg: weight, measurements...
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

Ok guys, you've convinced me. I'll just have to drive around very gently and nurse my tyres for a month or two.
I'll take one

Sorry for the fuking around.

haha, i'll probably end up destorying the airdam by running up someones arse with bald tyres :D
Black JA

Post by Black JA »

yeahhhhh!!!!
:beer
good stuff mate... u wont regret it....i hope :wink:
i knew u'd pull through :D
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

now for me to put some aerotech skirts on the shipment :D maybe...
Black JA

Post by Black JA »

anyone got pics of the aerotech skirts? and how much they worth?
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

http://austarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1005

they were $450 2 years ago, could have changed i spose.
Black JA

Post by Black JA »

geez... u got a pic of them ON an actual car..? would ur mate jason make them for cheaper?
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

jason bought a widebody airdam and modified it to fit a narrowbody, then made a mould to reproduce them. i can't see him buying an aerotech one, making a mould off it and selling them cheaper in the same state as the original creator of them :S
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Decoy is 100% correct, i doubt he'd be keen to do that, as they're expensive units, and it just wouldnt be worth it. if ya want em, buy em from aerotech :).

There was a pic of them on the car there, but here ya go:
http://prozac.orcon.net.nz/whitefront.jpg

i dont wanna litter this thread with pics of other bodykits, as its about the ones Jase is making.
Black JA

Post by Black JA »

fair enuff..my bad.... sexy skirts though.... :wtf:
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

oh yeah, nice and simple. Jase's front skirt, the aerotech side and rear skirts and a 3 piece wing.. hmmmm :)
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

import costs

Post by WANTSOM »

You pay 10% GST on the invoice cost.

Customs is a lucky dip. But a rule of thumb is anything over AUD$500 value has to be "declared" and then it goes through customs. (The shipper has to declare the value of the goods being shipped. Do some research - different parts attract different rates; 15% - 30% variance.
Exchange rate works in $AUD favour and basically offsets GST component.

You better your chances with a "non business" delivery address but it isnt a guarantee. Use a respected carrier - DHL and the like and they can handle all the paperwork for you.

If you're bringing in a lot of parts I dont think you will avoid customs, but might be able to save something on freight by means of packing etc.
Freight companies use weight/cubic rules to base their charge on. (What they do is have a theoritical weight per cubic metre. If the weight exceeds that figure they charge you "weight", if it is less they charge you "cubic". Weight is expensive.

Oh, when booking the freight ask for a "rate" otherwise you will be booked at exhorbitant rates. For the doubters I used to work for a international freight company and have seen the difference in billing charges)

Whatever, take the view you want the parts so bugger the government. Just know at worst you will have to add customs. Its hard to avoid - just accept it and order the parts you WANT.

Hope that helps. Not being a smartarse or anything. Not going to sue you, judge you or charge you with fraud. :)

Cheers
Gerg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.