New instrument faces *Available NOW!!*

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hcca, im keen as, is it possible to do them for us with Jap import cars, that have the 180kmph speedo? I can supply you with high res scans of the gauge faces if needs be?

Keen Keen Keen for a white set with blue numbers.

You are a king among men! :)
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I've already had a request for those import faces.. will definitely do them. I did an MPH version without having an MPH dial and it was bloody difficult so if you can provide scans, that saves a lot of time and will make it more accurate.

Going to pick them up now.. will try and get one set together tonight and will post up pics.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Didn't get them done today unfortunately - they didn't have stock of the white so hopefully I can get them tomorrow. I did get a couple of blue ones done, but they weren't cut too well so haven't turned out that great.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

there really is no point doing the voltmeter gauge...

...since none of them actually work :D
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Its not a voltmeter. Its an ammeter.

It shows battery discharge, or charge.

To test, turn car off, turn headlamps on - should show a negative reading. Start car, and once its running it should show a postive reading for a short while then go back to the middle. Its not connected to the starter motor so it wont bounce around when you turn the key though.

But mine worked just dandy :)
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Haha... well ok, i'll just leave it black and yellow then :)

I did some of the smaller gauges in blue with white - looks pretty good. Had a few problems with the cut on the intricate bits of the speedo and tacho though - it was run off very quickly by someone who I don't think really knew how to adjust the cutter properly. Oh well, will hopefully have some servicible ones soon.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

hcca,
be advised the widebody US cars have a Volt meter instead of the Amp meter like we have. Not sure the about Jap imports but anyhow just letting you know. I can post/send a pic of my dash if you want. It also has MPH and Kph on the speedo.
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Ah.. ok. I didn't put the kph markings on the mph dial as it was too difficult without a scan of the actual dial. Are you able to scan it for me?

Apparently the white ones I asked for are cut now - although I think a cut has been missed on one of the bits of the tacho. Won't know until I pick them up. Few teething errors but we'll get there :)
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Updated.. white face available now. See the first post in this thread.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

looks good, so you cant see the white of the dial at night?
also did you have to replace the bulbs and put a cover on it or something?
and one last q, did you leave the side ones the same and can you change the colour of the side ones?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

those look fkn awesome man! I personally would like to see what hte blue with white letter ones look like when lit up as they look awesome during the day :D did you have different globes in the car for those pictures?
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

It's kind of hard to take a proper night photo as I have no tripod and i'm too lazy to find something to rest the camera on :) I'll try harder once I get a full set done. I found that the stock lighting is a touch on the dim side at night. I reckon the red will be fine as it's more transparent - just the blue is a bit dark. That lighting in the photo is stock, but was taken with a 1 second exposure so it looks brighter than it is. There are no globe covers or anything. The easiest way to boost up the lighting is with some high intensity white leds (which I can supply for a few extra bucks) that you can solder into your lamp holders. I did this to a couple and now I can aim them around a bit to give a bit more light. The faces don't look white at night, they're quite dark but still a little visible (kind of very dark grey).

Just for clarity, what I am selling right now is a FULL SET of white faced dials with either blue or red writing. Those blue faced ones in the photo are just ones I was playing with. I'll update that photo later today with the full set (I have to go get some more backing material first).
goo857
Dorifto!

Post by goo857 »

I'm interested in a full set of white-faced dials with blue writing for my JA. I'd also be interested in some additional LEDs for the lighting. Will you be able to send the "kits" to Melbourne? If so, how much?
Chris
JA Starion 1: SOLD
JA Starion 2 (modified front-end chassis, moved inches to the passenger-side for impressive dorifto-look) :( :SOLD
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I will chuck in enough LEDs and resistors to fit two into each globe holder in the cluster (should be 8 or 10 - will have to count) for an extra $4. At the moment I only have a few left (<20), but can get more in a week or two. Postage to anywhere is no problem (and is free to anywhere in Australia) :)

Updated first post. For those too lazy: