JD REPRODUCTION AIR DAMS AVAILABLE,BUMPERS SOON

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Redzone...ETA on the JD style bumper?
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

hoongirl wrote:Here's the mms I got from redzone:

"Heres the jd front spoiler, it's an exact replica of the original. Bolts on underside of bumper and front guards. We haven't started on the jb/jd bumper bars yet. Will get to them soon. Gotta sell a few of these first 2 finance it..."

What's the one in the background? Coltspeed?
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep its coltspeed off my drift car. it`ll b goin back on the drift car temporarily until i replace it with my new creations.. personally i think the coltspeed ones are butt ugly.. i got 2 of the things... e.t.a on spoilers is hopefully a week or so to have a decent quantity, my fibreglassing dude is holding me up abit, but i`m onto him like a fat kid on a smarty...........................
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I think the weighbridge is screwed........

Keep us updated with the bumpers though aswell :drool:
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

yeah weigh bridge way off, I weighed mine in at one, was 1265kg pretty much right on factory weight.

How are these front air dams gonna attach? will it use factory bolt holes or glue, screw etc??
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
pro gsr
Big Dorifto

JD REPRODUCTION AIR DAMS AVAILABLE,BUMPERS SOON

Post by pro gsr »

I'M KEEN ON THE JD BUMPER BAR. IS THAT GONNA BE MADE INTO A FRONT BUMPER SPOILER. LET ME KNOW. & FULL PRICE PLUS DELIVERY.
TO WOODRIDGE, QLD. 4114. I'LL LET U KNOW WHEN I CAN PURCHASE THE BUMPER SPOILER.

CHEERS FROM TOM
mitsubishi starion jd 1985, factory intercooler,
custom stainless intercooler pipe work,to4 compressor wheel,10 psi boost,boost controller, 2 & half inch exhaust with stainless muffler 4 inch tip, 15 inch mags
pro gsr
Big Dorifto

JD REPRODUCTION AIR DAMS AVAILABLE, BUMPERS SOON

Post by pro gsr »

CAN ANY ONE MAKE THIS TYPE OF BUMPER BAR SPOILER. WITH A SMOOTH CENTRE.WITHOUT THE NUMBER PLATE MOUNTING BRACKET.
OR WHERE COULD I BUY ONE LIKE IN THE PICTURE.
LET ME KNOW COST PRICE OF BUMPER SPOILER PLZ

PM OR EMAIL ME AT KINGTOM07@HOTMAIL.COM

Show Image: Image
mitsubishi starion jd 1985, factory intercooler,
custom stainless intercooler pipe work,to4 compressor wheel,10 psi boost,boost controller, 2 & half inch exhaust with stainless muffler 4 inch tip, 15 inch mags
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah got on to the glasser today we`ll definitely have at least 10 front air dams available at the cruise on the 11 dec for all our qld guys,kick his ass if i dont, so sorry about the hold up ppl but it tends to happen when you rely on others. if he doesn`t come thru with em by then i`m takin the mold and laying em up myself..... the front jb/jd bumpers wont take long coz the bar is perfect that we`re using as a plug (thanx nick) as for your request pro.gsr, that bar looks like a coltspeed style 1 with a jb type centre section, we`re lookin at making something similar eventually. but not 4 a while. more demand for other things first.

as for the other question, the jd front spoiler could b attached via the original style mounting tabs(we recreated them on the mold) with speed nuts & 10mm bolts or by just using self tappers into the bottom of guards/bumper.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

Do you think you'll ever make it with the lip like this one?
I'm Back
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

wouldn`t be 2 hard, tho gotta get front bars up n available before i get 2 carried away with other stuff. now have production run of air dams, 1 will be heading 2 androoz shortly, more available now. will be starting on front bars after new year.

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Do you make the front bar that the number plate usually goes on??? Because I may end up purchasing one off you if it looks like the one in the picture, because I am sick of my number plate section
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep the plug for the mould is the one with the removable no. plate section, we`re smoothing over the cut out behind it, it`ll look pretty similar 2 the one on anthony`s red/silver jb... but as i said, sometime in new year...

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I am interested but in no hurry at all to get it
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

does anyone in melbourne want to get in on a group buy of these airdams? i personally prefer this version rather than the one that has the flare out at the bottom (widebody) version. it suits the height of the car better. the widebody version that was available before this version sits a bit too low compared to the rest of the car.. just my opinion anyway.

i called up a few frieght places and looks like shipping from davids place to melbourne is a bit too much just for one airdam. they want around 150 ish for one! so if we can get at least 2 more people in, it would work out a lot more better.

david, how many more airdams are available right now??
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah i`ve got freight sorted now, can ship anywhere in australia for a total cost of $304 including p&h.. found a courier that goes on weight not size! and they only weigh 2.5 kilo`s...