diamond cut/euro headlights -ebay of course

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
fernando65
Newcomer

diamond cut/euro headlights -ebay of course

Post by fernando65 »

here are the lights i got on ebay for $20US.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AUS%3A11
there is another style floating around, but i found this one to be nicer

i tried researching this but didnt find much- does anyone have any experience with these? any pics? i think its going to be a clean mod- i like the idea of having whiter lights, not the old, yellow 80s lighting. hope i wont have any condensation issues. for the price, it doenst hurt to experiment.

PS- this is my first post! i live in Connecticut, USA, i have a silver 87 starion esi-r parts car and a red 89 conquest tsi project car. i also have another 87 starion engine. all 3 engines are in peices. im in the middle of a rebuild, all thats left is to bore and hot tank the block!
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Bombeffect used to have better ones, I was all ready to buy a set until they changed the style to those, old ones looked like this:
had inbuilt parker lights and a more angular lense style.

The light being put out won't be any wighter than the old lenses unless you change to a tinted globe, however with the newer more reflective lenses you should get more light output in lumens.

I found philips "vision plus" to put out a fair amount of light and the new "power 2 night GT150's" should be just as good with a slightly whiter light.
Don't waste your money on a cheap pair of globes, I have tried about 3 cheap types and finally opted for the philips vision plus 60/55's.

Note when buying globes: light output is measured in lumens while the color temperature of the light is measured in kelvins ie 4500k.
Higher kelvin number produces a more blue light, not brighter and the more blue you go, the less light you will get.
When the light gets too blue you actually decrease vision, autotecnica ones are a great example of this even tho they look cool even at 100W they are only half as good as a decent semi white 60/55.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Look at getting a set of these but they wanted $80-90 for shipping the Australia, didn't get them but still want a set, what was shipping to U?
:beer :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
fernando65
Newcomer

Post by fernando65 »

i paid $5 for the auction, $15 for shipping (US)
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Bomb effect wants $5.99 US for headlight and $38.99US postage to here

about $60AU all up delivered here, thats not bad given that people here in australia are selling them for more than that.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

the blue ones ("xenon" copies) look brighter because of the way our eyes react to blue light, but that's only when looking at them, when using them to look ahead at night, they arn't as bright. I done a bit of research when i was looking at getting one of those globes and our retina (i think) doesn't close as much with blue light as it does with other light, so it looks brighter when looking head on, well not brighter, just more glare because we arn't filtering the light properly. So crap for a car, but i though it'd be good for a bike because then at least car drivers would see us!!!

then again i could be full of crap, eh.
_

Post by hcca »

White light by definition is always going to be brighter than tinted light, simply because if you remove one or more colours from the light then you cannot reveal detail of those colours. For example, try shining a blue light on a red object and tell me what colour you see (or more accurately, don't see).

Blue light is scattered more by the human eye (which is why it appears brighter when it actually isn't) so you also blind everyone else on the road by having those ricer globes.
emagdnim
[L] Plates

Post by emagdnim »

I have the blue projector lights on my conquest. I love them, 20 times brighter then the stock ones.

Bakerized 87 R04. Pushin' it to the limit.
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

hcca is right, the blue light looks cool, but if you want pure brightness you would need to up to xenon or get 30 plus/50 plus, which are same wattage longer beam, which is about as legal as you can get
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

HID's. :D :giddy
88TSI-nicely modded...
01 IS300, GTE swap, 60-1 Garrett, Tein, Volk CE28N etc...
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

wow thats an interesting headlight, weres that badboy from??
Whats the light output like?, i'm guessing HID no highbeam?
JustPaus_88TSi
Dorifto!

Post by JustPaus_88TSi »

I made them. :wink:

It's a Acura TL BiXenon projector with a ZKW lense swap(much clearer), so there is a highbeam. TL's are known for having one of the widest beam patterns of any HID projector. They easily light up every lane of a 6 lane freeway. :wink:

The housings in my above post were for a friends AE86 Trueno.

Here’s some different projectors in the same 6”x7” (6054) housings for another friends Rx7.

All lights were utilizing OEM equipment with 4300K D2S bulbs.
88TSI-nicely modded...
01 IS300, GTE swap, 60-1 Garrett, Tein, Volk CE28N etc...
Starquest86
[P] Plater austaz

Post by Starquest86 »

Hey justpaus just wondering how much it costs to make the projector ones. Im from Wi do you think you would be able to make me some for my quest. If you can do it shoot me a shipped price (54229).

Garrett G$
1986 Dodge Conquest Le Turbo
1994 Ford Probe-Daily Driver

Turbo For Life
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

dem sum prutty lites!
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast