Door hinges

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Door hinges

Post by Eurotrash »

I've just failed my warrant of fitness (FOR THE FIRST TIME!) due to saggy door hinges
Apart from buying replacement new or second hand ones are there any other options?
All your infinite/combined wisdom will be greatly appreciated

All I want to do is get a wof so I can re-reg the car so I can put the reg on hold so I can work on it to make sure it gets a warrant

The silly old lady at the post office didn't have an answer to my question "if I can't re reg my care due to it not having a current wof how am i to get to the wof testing station because the car isn't allowed on the road cos it isn't registered?"
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

IN answer to your last question, over here at least you can get an unreg vehicle permit which is valid for either 1 trip, 1 day or 1 month i think for the purposes of driving to/from place of repair. Or you can tow it, get it towed, or drive along back streets, or get 2 friends to drive in front of and behind you very closely and if you see cops get them to do something stupid so they get pulled over and you can get away :D

As far as the door hinges go, have you pulled them and the doors off the car to see exactly where the problem is?
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=5802 pretty much think you need to buy new hinges.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

and the law here in nz states that you are in fact allowed to drive an un-wof'ed and un-regoed car to and from a place of repair, but if its deregoed then it must be trailered or similar. go figure.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Mmmmm
Lucky I know someone who's starion is off the road currently and I'll "borrow" his doors
Although Atlantic blue/ black interior starion with bright red/grey interior doors... no one will notice