body kits and pait jobs

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

BUT...

Post by bigmoz »

But how good would it be if we started a thing like how alllllll the done up VL/BT1 como's are yellow, we could have the colour to be is vibrant orange

big moz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

just to make sure we all have the same colour, i think you should supply it (at your cost) :beer
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Yeah I would've like to paint my car orange with a black bonnet. Another idea was WRX blue or similar with gold rims. U could try the new mazda metallic orange with the gold pearl. I have thought about mazda's metallic red with a gold pearl. since my car is red allready it makes engine bay look a bit better.
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
eck_007
[P] Plates

Post by eck_007 »

mines not got a lot of mods out side but its far from stock, i wish someone made a body kit for a wide body. check mine out at www.eck.cc just go to members rides and look for the conquests, mine is the orange one rofl a real good friend of mine owns the white one :beer
mpi t3t4 blah,blah,blah
COXY
Newcomer

Post by COXY »

Mines been pearl orange since august nyah nyah nyah :pimp
Clean pearl orange ja for sale phone 0411397710
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

well email some pictures please :D
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

If ur gonna pay that much for a respray you might as well go for house of colour paint, or even something harlequinn!!

that blood orange is pretty cool, but i dunno about on a staz... u have to think 80s, orange was a 70s thing... too retro.

hot pink... now THAT was 80s! rofl
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

no one has suggested black im surprised, black with a blue or green pearl
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
SIRIUS
Enthusiast

Post by SIRIUS »

yea.. those rear spoilers come in handy when there are no more trolleys an the grocery store...
Valiant VJ E55 Charger
Valiant VK E57 Wagon
Valiant VF VIP 318 Fireball
Valiant VF-X hemi
Mitsubishi JA Starion

---------- THE MOPAR MAN ----------
CaptainShiner
Big Dorifto

Post by CaptainShiner »

go white.... even when it is dirty it still looks cleaner than most other colours...
...and on the seventh day god made mercedes.... and he saw it was perfect...
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

CaptainShiner wrote:go white.... even when it is dirty it still looks cleaner
Like a skank!
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
starion007
Big Dorifto

Post by starion007 »

I used to have a JB which I was BMW Boston Green . (trendy colour mid 90's) It looked F%$#@!g awesom.

If I do say so myself. :D :D
THE QUEST , THE SEARCH
THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!!!
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

there are many colours out there to choose from, if you like the look of a std cars paint, pop the bonnet and grab the paint code.
If there's nothing out there you like, drop by a decent paint/panel shop/store and have a look at all of their colour chips.
You'll find that the hardest thing is to make a final decision, once you realise how many colours are out there. :wink:
I was going to paint mine Vermillion, this is a std hyundai colour :wtf: i know i know, the colours a red/orange metallic base with a gold pearl tinted in, then cleared ( 2 layer pearl). Now i've seen the new xr6 metallic purple/grey and i think this with a pearl layed over it would look schmick. Ah decisions, decisions.
:D
In the end go with what you think will look best, as ultimately you'll be the one driving it in the end, and have to live with it, no one else.
:beer

If your after a black, have a look at the Subaru STI range of colours, they have nice metallic blacks with different pearls. One's gold and the others red. Honda has a Black with blue pearl. Ah the mind boggles on which colour to choose.

best of luck on your decision. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

:beer
- el schmicko detailer -
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

if you want something really nice, have a look at some house of kolour stuff.
They mix in a base with another mixer and make some really nice deep stuff, the guy said its only about 15% more than normal paint cost wise.