Side mouldings/bump strips

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
GADGET
I love starions

Side mouldings/bump strips

Post by GADGET »

I know this sounds a bit odd but I want them. any one (preferably in Adelaide) have any for a JA staz or know where to get some. Idea being to look like a wolf in sheeps clothing. :) The previous owner tried to make it look better by peeling them off. bad thing was took up paint. good thing was exposed small pockets of surface rust that were behind the strips.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Good luck

All I want is the passenger side moulding that sits on the front wheel arch.
One piece thats it! :shock: And do you think I can find one :(

So if you get your hands on a "set" You'd be one lucky person.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

im gonna be leaving mine off when i repaint it, if you want it. its all yours... i was just gonna throw them away
oz, here i come....
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I would love the mouldings if they are in good nick. I have never got anything from over seas and sounds like it is an expensive proposition. I live in Adelaide. A certain Toyota Ad comes to mind :?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

i could sell you mine but the whole passenger side around the door and rear quater on my parts car is quite f**ked up so dont think i can help u with a complete set unfortunettly.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

thats some bad luck right there... he's only after the left hand side ones i think :(

if they're thin and light, importing from NZ shouldn't cost to much at all... its just when stuff gets big or heavy :(
Last edited by decoy on Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_

Post by Eurotrash »

Defective

I refer you to the subject, this section "Full Aerotech pre install" of my car
Third picture down.
The moulding on the front wheel arch. The one under the indercator
BUT THE PASSENGER SIDE

:D

If you have one I'll trade you some money for it
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

Eurotrash wrote:Defective
I refer you to the subject, this section "Full Aerotech pre install" of my car
Third picture down.
The moulding on the front wheel arch. The one under the indercator
BUT THE PASSENGER SIDE
If you have one I'll trade you some money for it
mmm, mines different... my strips are thinner and sit higher on the body, ie above the indicator.

http://groups.msn.com/defective/carsoft ... PhotoID=50
oz, here i come....
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

i have the thin strip mouldings on my car, it's about to be painted. Have a look at the show and shine section( Melbstazz's Starion) if they are the same they are yours, if you still need them. otherwise i can check through work and find out where we get our replacement ones( often we get a smashed car in that has lil pieces you cant get as they are deleted).
If your still having issues with it pm me and i will see what i can do. Alot of our parts guys are oz wide and should be able to do something.
:D
- el schmicko detailer -
androoz
Enthusiast

Post by androoz »

how can we peel off these decals without damaging them? i have a full set on my car pretty good condition as u can see from my site
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

decals cannot be removed without destroying them. It's near on impossible too. The only way that i could think of would be to do the reverse actions used to apply them. If it like the sign writing/custom decals, or even some new factory decals then they are a 3 piece construction.
The 1st piece is the non slip backing.
The 2nd is the actual sticker/decal.
The 3rd is the masking tape.
Usually the masking tape is pressed onto the decal and then layed onto the non slip backing.
I know that if you use prepsol or even petrol( very carefully) decals can be removed. To do this you need some prepsol, rags, masking tape and a sharp flat blade.
Soak the rag in the prepsol so its well coated, then carefully wipe over the decal/sticker making sure that its well coated. This allows the prespsol to loosen the adhesive glue. You could also use a sharp flat blade( usually found in scrapers.), be extremely careful. This will help you pick up a corner of the decal. Once this is done you should be able to carefully lift it up, place it onto the masking tape. Job Done. If the decal doesn't lift up easy use some more prepsol, even hold the soaked rag over it for about 30-40 secs then try again.
I wouldn't recommend it as they wont stick as well the 2nd time around. Budget for a new set of decals when u get the car painted. Quite often the panel shop allows this when the car's to be repainted.
Badges are a totally different story. I have re-used 04 Mitsi badges of a Magna. Decals are alot harder to do.

Hope that some of this was useful, in some way.
:beer
- el schmicko detailer -
SCORP 1
I like starions more

Post by SCORP 1 »

My local crash repairer gave me this number for a guy with a mobile van that comes to you and does body mouldings/strips on your car... I only want generic ones for my car but he might be able to help with finding originals....

Stripes & Stuff

(In Adelaide also)
Oldschool Drift Machine.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I have got the mouldings sorted out now thanks for all that offered and had suggestions. found some nice neat after market ones.
SCORP 1
I like starions more

Post by SCORP 1 »

Can I ask where you got them from (in adelaide?) I still have to get some for my car... Also how much did it cost?

Cheers.
Oldschool Drift Machine.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I got a 6 meter roll from Motor Mate $50.00 roughly. It is not the same as the original but it looks neat and tidy.

You should bring your car to the cruise on Sunday 18th of July Victoria park race course car park midday. I have seen you down the bay before.
Are you friends with SIKMA if so bring him along too :D :D :D