Easiest way to get the stupid metal bits out of the hatch?

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Easiest way to get the stupid metal bits out of the hatch?

Post by StarionBoy »

just wondering what the easiest way would be to get those stupid metal bolt things out of the hatch (u know the ones that hold the stock rubber wing on)... could grind the top off them but then the rest are left floating around in side the hatch.. and u cant really cut a hole in the end of the hatch to get them out cos its indented in a bit.. :?: :?: :?:
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Tell me how you go. I have a spare hatch on cos I have to do the same to the original one. I assumed you'd have to pull it off the glass, empty them out and reattach.
The spare hatch has had the bolts removed and dropped inside. It's a good reminder on when you are turning, the bolts run from one side to the other inside it. If you drive in an "S" you can make a tune :D
Cam
c'mon change my thingy

Post by Cam »

I believe it is possible to remove the little piece at the back, Then you could fibre glass over filling up the holes coz trust me, the previous owner bogged them up in my car, they all sunk looks shit.
pcuser51
I like starions

Post by pcuser51 »

:D yes grind them off and get alarge magnet to draw them back through the holes then fiberglass the holes over, that how i did it :wink:
CHEERS ALAN
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

You can make a hole in the side of the fibreglass section using a drill. Then take the car for a drive and go hard around a corner and all the bolts and crap in there will roll right out.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Hahahaha Al!
Did you notice my car making those same noises in the hatch when i was driving you around?
I have experienced those noises for many a year, but I have all but blocked it out. Until, of course, someone points it out to me again!
Bloody annoying really! :roll:
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

lol

Post by StarionBoy »

yeah same problem here too, i didnt think it would be that noticable, but it sure is, espeically going around round-a-bouts, on to the highway, anywhere where your doing a bit of speed and turning at the same time lol keep hearing all 5 of the little pricks rolling from one side to the other hahah :roll:
pcuser51
I like starions

Post by pcuser51 »

:D Starionboy if you had a 3inch exaust you would not hear them :D :D :D :D :D
CHEERS ALAN
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

pcuser51 wrote::D Starionboy if you had a 3inch exaust you would not hear them :D :D :D :D :D
No, a 3" exhaust just rattles the rest of the car to pieces
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

i have a 2.5 inch exhaust, doesnt help much tho.. need to open up one of the holes again and pour some glue/liquid nails in one corner then tip it on its side so they all stick in there lol
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

i've just removed the standard rear spoiler on my ja, can the rear hatch piece be seperated from the glass?
would anyone have a workshop page on how it's done?
thanks
drew
:D
- el schmicko detailer -
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

dodgy

Post by StarionBoy »

you can do it the dodgy way :roll: get hold of a grinder and just grind the tops off all of the bolts and push them into the hatch then bog the holes up.. you do end up with a nice sound of the bolts rolling from one end to the other when you go around corners and stuff rofl although mine have seemed to stop lately.. havent heard it for a while... i bet it will start again tomorrow now i have said that :wtf:
AXELR8
I love starions

Listen to cookie!

Post by AXELR8 »

Cookie is right. I just drilled out the fiberglass at the ends of the hatch and went for a drive. 20 mins later all but one fell out. it was sitting right on the edge of the hatch so just like jack horner, i stuck in my thumb and pulled out a.... bolt head. Well you know what i mean! :P
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Post by Eurotrash »

Now I know this post is a little old but. For anyone next time. Since I have just removed my rubber rear wing. I can comment with experience. Sort of. Instead of grinding, cutting, drilling you bunch of butchers! Why not just unbolt the thing from the hatch. Ummmmm!
as I did. I know I know, a part of a starion that the rest of the car wasn't built around. Amazing! Maye mine was a once off prototype that doesn't requrie a cutoff wheel on a grinder. but it looks the same as other ones I've seen.
Good Luck