Aerotech Body Kit

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Eurotrash
I drive commando!

Aerotech Body Kit

Post by Eurotrash »

Hey all
I have just been around to Aerotech here in Christchurch to get my front spoiler modified to fit (ProZac you'll know what I'm talking about) And John said that he has had quite a few inquiries from all you lot about bits and pieces. He wanted me to pass on the message that he is not ignoring you. Its just that he is mega busy. And he will get back to you all.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Hey man howsit? Good to see a fellow chch'er here, ive met a few people with starions here, have we met? I decided to go with an earlier model front bumper to avoid hassels in the end :).
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

*click*, It's Andrew isnt it? I think i caught you at Aerotech one day? Your mate bought my old red 1983 starion? I heard its doing quite well, wouldnt be able to PM his details would you? I'd love to get a look at it, hell, i want to get a better look at your car aswell!
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

modified to fit late model bumper? oooooh how much it costing? and tell him to get a mould from it! hehe
C Fernance
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by C Fernance »

I was one of the ones that sent him an email a couple of days ago. I'm thinking of getting the full kit for my JA, especially if the overtime keeps up at work. Gotta love double time. :D
By day he is mild-mannered Chris Fernance, by night he becomes...ASTRON-man. "Defender of all things Scorpion, from the evil forces of COMMODORE-man"
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

Yeah, John had told me he has been short staffed and is having to do heaps himself as he cant get the right people he wants. So 10 days normal delivery is a bit out the window at the moment.

I reckon, given the quality of his work and the fact the $NZ/$AUD conversion works well for us in Australia we should band together and give him some ideas of what we want in F&R spoilers and ask him to make a mould and maybe do a batch for us. That way he can amortise the cost of the mould and make it woth his while.

For a start I know there is a 1 piece JD replica available in the US - maybe he could base one off that. (carefully worded that). I am dead against people flopping his product here and taking his work away from him. Anyone that has one his kits will confirm it is really top grade stuff and he has supported us Starion guys well.

Another thought - I also know that given enough orders you can get replacement lenses made in Taiwan for just about any model car. I would be interested in pursuing a few leads and getting some lenses made for front and rear lights. Thinking of all the dingy ones out there now and if you've seen "old lenses" in freshly repainted cars you will know how crap they look compared to "new" ones. It would have to be done in bulk or I might do it myself and then rip... er sorry, 'sell to people at a margin' to recover costs. Any interest?

Cheers
Greg
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

If by lenses you mean the driving lamps/indicators - yes!
If you mean crazy custom Starion rear lamps - yes!
If you mean replacement headlight lenses - mine are ok, but maybe later on down the line when some smart ass kid throws a stone or something.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)