Black "drift0r"bonnet with red paintjob

Technical questions and ideas regarding how your Starion looks inside and out, bodykits to stereos.
Rev
I like starions

Black "drift0r"bonnet with red paintjob

Post by Rev »

I am gonna respray my Starion shortly (except for the bumpers cos they will be in use for another reason *hint* :D ). It was originally red and I am gonna respray it the same colour... but lately I have been thinking about painting the bonnet black for the "drifter-style" look..

I used to see ricemobiles with black bonnets and :roll: , but lately the look has grown on me... what do you all think... are black bonnets with completely different coloured bodies lame or "ricey"?
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

gimme a pic of the car and i should be able to change it, ive only done it off a lighter colour on mine but it should be able to be done the same way.

i decided not to do it to mine, red might look ok.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

colored bonnets

Post by tmz_99 »

yes, I believe they are ok, but of course it is helped (less rice) if they are fiberglass or carbon fibre... :D

I would talk to jayfitz, he has a red staz and for a while @ least had a black bonnet on it.
Last edited by tmz_99 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Oh please don't do it. :?
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Lame and ricey.. it's a Starion, not a Honduh :) Please respect the mighty Stazza!
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

personally i dont like the look, but objectively, i dont think the starion bonnet suits being a different color anyway, it looks strange as the front of the car juts out beyond the bonnet, so the bonnet just looks like a black square on the car :?
LxS
I love starions

Post by LxS »

Dont do it!

You have to remember the cars that do have black or carbon fibre bonnets have clean cut lines.

You can see the weird line it creates of Cuss Cuss' car cause of the pop up lights etc.
8 2 ' M i t s u b i s h i S t a r i o n W i d e b o d y
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

I dont think its rice. Ive been toying with the idea of having a Black JA vented bonnet for when i go for runs down the quarter or when im just out having fun in the car. I reckon it would go well with my ultra dark hatch tint and white paint of the car.

cheers

tom.
Last edited by Project2501 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..More than meets the eye..
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

ill probably be painting my spare bonnet black until i have everything else on and ready for colour matched spray painting. i'm not fond of a black original bonnet but i don't mind the carbonfibre. It will look better then a white bonnet on my car anyway! lol... or will it? hmmmm
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

carbon fibre

Post by tmz_99 »

I looked into makign a "stock looking" carbon fibre bonnet.. apperantly carbon fibre is a bitch to work with and the originall 1st bonnet would have cost me close to $3000...... still.. u never know.. :P once I run out of things to do..
scum
I'm Banned!

who cares what i think

Post by scum »

u need a white car to have a black bonnet, so u can be a member of the "mono club" :D

there are 2 skylines around canning vale who caused us to come up with the name. both are the same model, one white with black bonnet and boot, the other is black with a white bonnet and boot. its obvious what is going on when you see them folow each other around. i can almost hear the conversation when these guys met.. "say, wouldnt it look cool if......"

i think its rice. sorry. then again i seem to have lengthy conversations with blinky about these things, and he said i dont have a clue. :shock:
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
slowboy
[L] Plates

Post by slowboy »

I have already done it, i will post up a pic if i someone can tell me how, i did it on my spare bonnet, and i quite like it. all the sa boys have seen it, so they could give you an opinion. hey decoy stop copying me.... ha ha :lol: you know you want to blow up our engine again, it is the only way to copy me properly[/img]
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

Ewwww... thanks for the pic CussCuss... I didn't think the shape would make it look THAT strange. :(

Would you be able to do a photoshop of that same image but with the headlight and nose panel coloured black too?

I saw a s15 200sx the other day, no bodykit or lame wing, just 18's, lowered a bit, and with a black bonnet.. looked awesome IMO.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

the original idea of having a mat black bonnet was to reduce glare from the bright sun when racing. Thats were the drift kings got the idea, and so the drifto kids copied them.
Ford G6ET 458wkws
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

the original idea of having a mat black bonnet was to reduce glare from the bright sun when racing. Thats were the drift kings got the idea, and so the drifto kids copied them.
Ahhh 8) , I always thought it was for a wannabe-carbon fibre look.