WTB: RHS Head light Buttons

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Rola
Big Dorifto

WTB: RHS Head light Buttons

Post by Rola »

Hey guys, my RHS headlight buttons of a JA broke, i could probably reapir them but i just wanna know if anyones got any going for cheap in melbourne?

I dont even really need the whole thing, just the silver little button which turns the head lights on (not parkers) as that is all that is broken, i figure is like 50c worth of plastic but i seriously doubt i will be able to find one.

Anyway tell me what you have and how much you want for it :D.

Thanks in advance,

Rola.
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

Damn, so no one has a replacement little button or knows where to get one?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

RARE AS, everyone seems to have these breaking
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

Yeh, they definately weren't made to last, if they were the buttons would be made of some kind of metal instead of just airbrushed to look like metal.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

Nearly impossible to get good ones.

and cant just replace the headlight one, have to replace the block of 3 (non serviceable part)
1983 JA Staz
JPC
almost postwhore

Post by JPC »

Have you tried Oscar-the-Grouch in the US? He can probably get US ones quite easily.
Starion nutter since 1988...
1983 JA, 1984 JA, 1985 JB (all rego'd, all running :D )
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

Chryzla wrote:Nearly impossible to get good ones.

and cant just replace the headlight one, have to replace the block of 3 (non serviceable part)
Yes you actually can replace just the headlight one im my case anyway, its just a little bit of the button which has snapped off stoping it from holding the plastic thing which hold the metal things which go up and down to determine weather the lights are on/off.

Its literally a 10c piece of plastic which im looking for, just the actual push button its self, tried repairing it with super glue but it breaks too easily.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

try using Qbond, you can get a small kit for around $20 and it'll actually melt the plastic together, not glue holding 2 pieces of plastic together. It will come in handy so many times you'll wonder how you ever lived without it
_

Post by Alspos »

You need to glue and put a little screw in. Fiddly, but I did mine over 7 years ago and it's still going strong.
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

Alspos wrote:You need to glue and put a little screw in. Fiddly, but I did mine over 7 years ago and it's still going strong.
hmm i may try that but with superglue and a heated pin... i cant find a screw small enough

edit: nope cant get the pin hot enough to cut into the plastic nicely