Strut Bars to be made available

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Strut Bars to be made available

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Hello All

Well I am posting for a US member who's the man for Strut tower bars FRONT and REAR. This is the mate i spoke about a while back that was making the bars to fit BOTH RHD and LDH Staz's.

His bar sets will be ADJUSTABLE for pre-load ( BOTH Fronts and rears) so you can dial in to your likings and to changing track conditions. Also this new set-up will have the Triangulation bar set that ties the towers to the firewall for extra regidity. He's also using clevises at the attaching points for ease of adjustability.

The prototype is in the works and I am assisting in the manufacturing and will assist in shipping as I know the little tricks to ship economically and reliably =)

Price will be APROX. USD$240.00/AUD$305.00 for ALL BARS R/F w/ try-bars, plus posting. ( POSSIBLY LESS, still doing the R&R on materials ) Posting will be your choice of services as follows:

USD$36.00/AUD$48.00 for SURFACE
USD$65.00/AUD$84.00 for economy Air
USD$75.00/AUD$96.00 for EXPRESS

If you are interested in these Strut braces please show interest by posting here. I know its hard to show interest with no photos but bellow is photos of his LAST design that I currently use. Expect a BETTER product but roughly the same triangulation system and mounting point. Hardware, overall design and adjustability features WILL and ARE/HAVE been re-designed.

Front and Rear bars with Triangulation cross bars for the front.

FRONTS Installed

REARS Installed

AGAIN guys these are the OLDER design and the NEW ones will be posted as soon as he has a prototype going but he'll like to see how much interest is here for the RHD models (BASED on the info given above) so he can plan accordingly.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Hi

just for the benifit of others, Can you confirm that these will clear brake resivour, clutch master cylinder, etc on Right hand drive cars? As this has been a problem in the past with firewall type bars.
We had a couple batches of tower to tower bars done recently thanx to Grumbly
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Hello Mate

YES, thats one of the final points beeing loks at at the moment, and I may need some help from some of you for specific measurements when the time comes.

So to clarify... YES the triangulating bars to firewall WILL CLEAR all underhood stuff thats usually in the way :D on RHD vehicles. The member i am working with already has the LHD verssion done but he's working on making the tri-bars compatible with the RHD.

We MAY need a test fitting volunteer but at the moemnt all we may need is specfic measurements.

And YES I was looking at Grumbly's post to see if I was posting duplicated information as I dont want to step on anyones toes here by offering the same thing. But he was supplying the strut bars only with no tri-bar set-up. So I think its safe to assume its alright to post.

And I have not seen Grumbly's strut bars so I dont even know what his system looks like.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Updated Photo of LHD version.

And YES those are WOOD brakets and braces, ITS a PROTOTYPE people ! :beer

The RHD version will have ALL the proper clearence for the Brake Fluid reservoir and other RHD issues YOU guys have :D

Stay tuned for more info and pics.
Remember if you are interested PLEASE make it known as if there's NO interest he may NOT go through the trouble of making too many of them.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

I'm definately interested! I'm most of the other guys are too! Nice work Oscar!!! :D :beer
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Can I get a set with the wooden brackets?
silo
Enthusiast

Post by silo »

Any termites in N.Z. LOL
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Junkers wrote:Can I get a set with the wooden brackets?
Full wood strut brace, Now that would be some bit of kit!! rofl rofl
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

I just KNEW I was going to get HELL for that one ! :D
But I said to myself... " Nah... these guys are not like that" YEAH ... RIGHT ! :D

All in all YES the wood version will be made avilable as a NON-Rusting , low weight flexible option to those who want them. Varnish, wether proofing and termite treatment WILL be extra.

ANYHOW....
I guess a BAD reply to the post is better than NO reply at all huh ?
Thanks guys ! :beer

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Oscar-the-Grouch wrote:I just KNEW I was going to get HELL for that one ! :D
But I said to myself... " Nah... these guys are not like that" YEAH ... RIGHT ! :D

All in all YES the wood version will be made avilable as a NON-Rusting , low weight flexible option to those who want them. Varnish, wether proofing and termite treatment WILL be extra.

ANYHOW....
I guess a BAD reply to the post is better than NO reply at all huh ?
Thanks guys ! :beer

Oscar
LUV YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR OSCAR LOL :beer
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
HotrodTSi
[L] Plates

Post by HotrodTSi »

Hi mates, I can vouch for the quality of these bars. I've had mine on for about 3 years with no problems with fitment or any issues of them coming loose. I'll post a pic of mine so you can see how much room is available over the Magna intake and T60-1 Turbo. BTW...this is the original style.

89 Conquest TSi
Magna MPI
75mm TB
750cc Delphi Injectors
SDS EM-4D ECU
SCI Header
3" Exh
Roller cam
TE 61 T3/T4
http://members.cardomain.com/hotrodtsi
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

If it fits I would be in for both front and rear.
chiefbrody
[P] Plates

Post by chiefbrody »

As would I, definately!! Lookin good.
compressor
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by compressor »

would it fit on a twincam motor???? if so im in for sure when can we order them???? :D :D
esirtype?
Newcomer

Post by esirtype? »

Hi all, I'm new here!
I am wondering how I can go about purchasing a full set in wood. I would like them to be an exotic wood. Do I see Oscar-the-Grouch about these?

Thanks,
Shawn