group order cp forged pistons!

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!

who's the man?

james
19%
your dad
19%
your mum
13%
your mum's mum
50%

Total votes: 16

logik
I love starions

group order cp forged pistons!

Post by logik »

hey all,

if i said i was able to organise a set of custom arias forged pistons to suit 4g63 sohc - who would absolutely 100% be up for it?

need minimum of 4 sets..

james :D
Last edited by logik on Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gordonspec® racing
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

I would say i dont mean to hijack your post but i just spoke to my supplier for CP Pistons he said if we can get 10 sets i can get them for $1100 if its individual sets then $1250 Pistons pins rings locks. 5 - 6 weeks. we all know how good CP pistons are ... nick from APC is now making around 950hp atw with gas in his evo on cp pistons.
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

and cp pistons don't make a rattling noise when cold.
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

sounds like a better deal! changed the name of the post accordingly

C'MON GUYS get that old credit card out and lets have some 20psi+ ACKSHUN$@#

i'd be up for a set 20thou oversize!
gordonspec® racing
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I would be, but I don't have the same engine.
Monty
Big Dorifto

Post by Monty »

to suit the 8v or the 12v motor?
keepin it sideways 24/7
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

8v, but i thought the 12v dash uses the same pistons...
gordonspec® racing
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

If it is gonna be done the group buy the boys told me it would have to be for 20 thou over.
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hey guys i`ll let you in on a trade secret, just use the galant vr4/evo pattern cp forgies as the smooth dished piston crown will help prevent detonation.. Ring widths are better 2, much less likely 2 crack ring lands. they only cost $760 including rings etc last set i bought. or u can just use vr4 pattern hypatech`s for about $300 which i`ve been running in my car for 30000k`s with 20 psi no problems. Dont believe everything ppl say, u dont need forgies if ur running over 15psi. maybe 30psi is a different story.......
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Hey redzone, i've also been told that you can use the twin cam pistons but only if your cam isnt too wild. Is this the case as one of your post you mention you used the vr4 pistons in 84kit.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Monty wrote:to suit the 8v or the 12v motor?
You can just use twin cam pistons, since the DASH and VR4 pistons have the same dish design anyway.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

the reason the standard pistons have valve reliefs is so the valves wont contact the pistons if the timing belt breaks.. they call it `free spinning` in the trade,some engines do, most dont. obviously its a downside of havin the twincam style pistons whereby they will clash if it breaks. i say just remember 2 replace your timing belt when ur supposed 2! and also if u ever decide 2 change 2 a twincam head in future u dont have 2 change pistons aswell. and no, we have no clearance issues in 84KIT it all came together nice.. maybe if u had MASSIVE lift u might need 2 fly cut them. Have a few cars running around with this setup its the best thing since sliced bread i cant recommend it highly enough..... they`re a shitload less likely 2 ping and if they do they`re less likely 2 break rings or crack pistons
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

WORD :pimp
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .

logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

im planning to use the 280deg (sigma turbo) cam from crow cams, would this be too wild for the vr4 pistons?
gordonspec® racing
Mr Ralliart
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Mr Ralliart »

Are you talking about using the Sigma Astron motor Cam in the Sirius 4G63 ??? No go bro , different engine . If you just mean the same grind on a 4G63 cam , again being very different engines it may , but won't necessarily , work .
The standard Starion cams are actually very large and are already capable of 7500rpm . Practically every strong motor I've seen has used the standard one or close to standard but with more LIFT . That's what I'd advise .
I know of guys who've tried bigger cams and have always gone back to a standard or near standard grind . Some guys in Japan used to use cams with SMALLER duration but much higher lift and then offset it with a huge Turbo . If you can find someone with a PROVEN cam grind in an engine setup similar to yours then go for it but otherwise again stock or stock duration with .5 - 1mm higher lift but watch your piston clearances . :wink:
マンコ ハンター。
Maximum Gains from Minimum Mods.
Starion Evolution . Lancer Evolution .