Double Coil Over Spring set-up AVAILABLE *UpDated PHOTO*

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Double Coil Over Spring set-up AVAILABLE *UpDated PHOTO*

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

BETTER product and BETTER Price

Hello Mate

Well I have a Price and Product UP-date on these Coil Overs.
I can now offer the DUAL Spring Set-up for LESS money thanks to a BULK Purchace.

So basically you will be getting a MAIN Spring and a HELPER Spring to help make up for the slack and Clunking noise that coil overs springs are known for.when they are decompressed or whan the car is raised.

KIT Includes:
(1) Spanner wrech
(2) 450lbs/in / 8kg/mm, 2.5" ID front springs (Factory aprox.275lbs/3.5kg)
(2) 350lbs/in / 6kg/mm, 2.5" ID rear springs (Factory aprox. 150lbs/3kg)
(4) Helper Springs
(4) Aluminum Centering Spring Perches
(4) Aluminum Top Hats
(4) Aluminum Threaded Sleeves
(8) Locking Nuts for threaded sleeves
Detailed Instructions

Price USD$300.00AUD$410,00 (Dependent on exchange rate)

Shipping will depend on how fast you want them.
Surface USD$45.00 /AUD$65,00 (6 to 8 weeks)
Econo Air USD$95.00 /AUD$129,00 (5 to12 days)
** US Postal rate increase as of Jan 1st 2006 NEW rates as listed above**

Please post or e-mail any questions you may have.

Dont forget I have Rear Camber Adjusters and soon to come FRONT Camber Adjusters to work WITH either your original suspenssion OR Coil Overs. So keep checking the FOR SALE section often.

Cheers
Oscar

This is the coil overs INSTALLED.
NOTE the lower factory spring seat is GONE to allow for FULL lowering potential of the coil overs. About 2.5" total drop

Ground Control with Eibach Springs RIGHT Aftermarket LEFT. VERY little difference SAME capabilities ALOT LESS money

If interested PLEASE e-mail me ( oscardortega@yahoo.com ) for a faster reply and to make sure you are one of the first to claim them. I dont check these forums frequently so I will use e-mail to determine WHO gets them first on a first-come-first-served basis.

Or POST here and then e-mail me just to have all bases covered.
Thanks
Oscar
Last edited by Oscar-the-Grouch on Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

Email sent Oscar
:beer
Jeff
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

that SOUNDS pretty cool... i might have to INVEST in a SET. :wink:
_

Post by MrBishi »

Are the threaded sleeves mild steel, stainless or alloy? ie are they able to be welded in?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

MrBishi wrote:Are the threaded sleeves mild steel, stainless or alloy? ie are they able to be welded in?
The Sleeves are STEEL, BUT I will recomend TAC welding versus FULL weld. As I dont think they can take too much heat. I will see what I can find out about them and welding them to the strut housing.

But alot of the US members that have use these on the struts have welded a STEEL SEAT like a 3mm or so od round steel tube to serve as a SEAT see pic bellow.

This is done as in most cases the sleeves are thin and the intense heat can dissform them and making them warpped and un-adjustable.

Hope this helps
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Oscar! G'Day mate!
What shock rate are the guys running with these? The factory unit wont cut it with its current bump and rebound setting with these spring rates. Not that anyone would be running them after a mod like this, but it would save alot of R&D time for us all to know the B&R setting to suit the heavy springs, and also F&R bar thickness would help too.
Thanks for bringing this to the forum, it looks like a decent unit.
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Note to any Australians. The springs are not captive & therefore will not be legal for road use (in eastern states anyway). ie the spring needs to keep a slight amount of tension when the shocks are at full travel.
There are ways around this by shortening shocks or installing keeper springs, but I wanted to warn people intending to use them as is on the road.

Nonetheless a very good price compared to local products I have seen.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

There are some cheaper alternarives available here too also.

Call Chad at CarTunez on 07 5537 1077

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Flav:

Most guys here use these with KYB's or Tokicos. And some actually go the extra step and modify the strut housings to accept the 2nd Gen MR2 REAR Strut INSERT and run KYB's OR Koni Adjustables. I myself use the Koni's but at replacement time I will go with the KYB's as they are much cheaper than the Koni's.

As for Sway bars: Most of us still use the original units 21mm F and 19mm R some use the aftermarket units at 25mmF and 19mmR. But I believe you guys there have a smaller Sway bar at aprox 19mmF and 16mmR or something like that ? NOT SURE.

One thing we use here are the Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks. These allow you to soften or stiffen the sway bars by aprox. -20% to +40% over original settings. This comes in handy on track days ti fine tune for the particular track.

MrBishi:
Thanks for the info and for reminding me...
These are NOT Street legal and you are buying and using them at your own risk. of corse thats the same all over even here in the US. BUT we are not inspected that strictly here as you guys. here is basically visible engine mods or failed emisions testing.

Incar Phil:
Well where were you when the guys here were looking for a cheap alternative to the $1000 units available ! =) Hope that contact works out for you guys

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

BETTER product and BETTER Price

Hello Mate

Well I have a Price and Product UP-date on these Coil Overs.
I can now offer the DUAL Spring Set-up for LESS money thanks to a BULK Purchace.

So basically you will be getting a MAIN Spring and a HELPER Spring to help make up for the slack and Clunking noise that coil overs springs are known for.when they are decompressed or whan the car is raised.

I will have pics to share shortly.

KIT Includes:
(1) Spanner wrech
(2) 450lbs/in / 8kg/mm, 2.5" ID front springs (Factory aprox.275lbs/3.5kg)
(2) 350lbs/in / 6kg/mm, 2.5" ID rear springs (Factory aprox. 150lbs/3kg)
(4) Helper Springs
(4) Aluminum Centering Spring Perches
(4) Aluminum Top Hats
(4) Aluminum Threaded Sleeves
(8) Locking Nuts for threaded sleeves
Detailed Instructions

Price USD$300.00AUD$410,00 (Dependent on exchange rate)

Shipping will depend on how fast you want them.
Surface USD$35.00 /AUD$46,00 (6 to 8 weeks)
Econo Air USD$72.00 /AUD$95,00 (5 to12 days)
Express USD$85.00 /AUD$116,00 (4 to 5 days)

Please post or e-mail any questions you may have.

Dont forget I have Rear Camber Adjusters and soon to come FRONT Camber Adjusters to work WITH either your original suspenssion OR Coil Overs. So keep checking the FOR SALE section often.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

Are the new ones legal?
I'm Back
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I don't know for sure, but I think the aluminium threaded sleeves are what could let you down. Go speak to an engineer or whoever needs to certify it in your state to make it legal.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

It will be very hard to find a set which complies by the ADR's for suspension. That being said, these aren't going to make your car unsafe, its just not approved by the gov't.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Mates

These Coil Overs are and will allways be sold as "Off-Road use ONLY" thats a statement needed here in the states for such these items. Thus these are NOT Street Legal here in the US everybody and their mothers have them.

Around here the main thing the law looks for is Modified motors, exhaust violations and ride heith of your car. VERY SELDON they check suspenssion and brakes. The ONLY time I have seen "Off-Road" items checked is in the event of an accident were a fatality has occured and the car investigated has ANYTHING illegal on it as to make a case against it.

Do you guys follow ?
Whith that said, These are intended for "Off Road" use ONLY
Now that I have explained the laws from here State side this MAY or MAY NOT be the case in your area, so PLEASE check your local laws prior to purchace.

Cheers
Oscar

BTW... I am not only a seller/supplier but ALSO a USER :beer
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
SOWTZ
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by SOWTZ »

http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/PDF/vsb_11.pdf
pdf file: Certification of Road-Friendly Suspensions.
hope that helps
I have a car. I use it to drive to work, to drive to work I need petrol, petrol cost money, I must work to make this money… it’s a vicious cycle!