price check on Ja Door

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
jimbo_ak47
Newcomer

price check on Ja Door

Post by jimbo_ak47 »

howzit goin? I need to know how much a JA door is worth in good condition. Anyone got an estimate? cheers
83' factory black JA
jameshey_1
I've been here before

Post by jameshey_1 »

yeh mate i bought one for my car they normally go for about $150
jimbo_ak47
Newcomer

Post by jimbo_ak47 »

thanks for ur help mate!
83' factory black JA
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I got 2 doors ages ago for $50 each privately. Went to a wrecker and asked how much...

He was gona strip the trims and glass from it. He wanted around 300 a door. he reckons the glass was worth $250ish by itself?
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
AXELR8
I love starions

Post by AXELR8 »

glass $80. you got a rip off quote GADGET.
Who is this wrecker? (So I know where to stay away from!!!!)
I suspect brand new glass would be less than this, as my windshield was $200 fitted, on my property.
You think that's fast??? You got nothin' on Roger!!
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Mitsi-spares up Wingfield way. Only handed him $15-$20 for some odd and ends that needed replacing.

I knew it was a shit price and didn't bother. I still have the doors that cost $50. They were supposed to go on the silver car?????

Yeah average price for windscreen. I looked at receipt and it said 1 x JD Starion Windscreen. I paid $220 at Instant windscreens.
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

If I can't get the rust (minimal, but potential for really annoying) fixed in my two doors for under $300 I'll be willing to pay decent cash if there's no rust and decent seals. As long as they fit the JD and I gather all Starion doors are the same.

In Adelaide fwiw.

Anyone? Beuller?
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

mitsi spares at wingfield = last resort

paid $45 for a boot release cable there, and got the same part at u-pullit for $5.50 now I have a spare incase it brakes again.
I owe that wrecked blue JB so much.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

You should see that wreck now! It is farked but still has some doors, When I saw it a couple of weeks back? Go get em skip. Should only around $60 each. Carefull they heavy buggers. Check there web site for prices. They all same no matter what car. Thats why LSD only 160 :D
jimbo_ak47
Newcomer

Post by jimbo_ak47 »

cheers guys i ended up grabbin a door straight as, with one easy fixed rust spot and a front quater with the usual rust at the bottom of the door for 500 bucks. Both panels are straight as a ruler though. I count my lucky stars that i could get them from tassie not many stazza's ya kno!!!! If there wasn't dickhead cabbies in tassie who didn't giveway it wouldn't have happened. cheers
83' factory black JA
skip
Registered Bitch

Post by skip »

GADGET wrote:You should see that wreck now! It is farked but still has some doors, When I saw it a couple of weeks back? Go get em skip. Should only around $60 each. Carefull they heavy buggers. Check there web site for prices. They all same no matter what car. Thats why LSD only 160 :D
Is that at Mitsi Spares at Wingfield? Might go for a drive next Monday once I'm on holidays. Cheers! :beer
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Nah the car at U-Pull-It in Lonsdale. I was there today and yes it still has doors but not too sure on glass. Walk through gate(cost 1$ to get in) head straight untill a sign on your left with mitsubishi on it. Head down there pretty much to fence line. Car is dark blue. You need to remove doors yourself so take your own tools and a friend. They will let you borrow a wheel barrow to carry shit easier. Chuck a few other things you might want in aswell as it is cheaper to get more bits in one hit.

I get a week of holidays from the 18th :beer
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

Starion_Turbo wrote:paid $45 for a boot release cable there, and got the same part at u-pullit for $5.50 now I have a spare incase it brakes again.
I nearly cut the bugger off! I was trying to get the JB fuel door and thought I would have to take levers and all. Sorry for chomping hand brake cable. :oops: