FS: [QLD] Custom gauge faces

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
hcca
Enthusiast king

FS: [QLD] Custom gauge faces

Post by hcca »

White faces gauges are available right now. These are all a direct fit. The white face blocks light completely so they will glow through the markings only (similarly to the factory faces).

Other coloured faces can also be done - black faces are no extra cost, other colours are $10 extra. Pretty much any colour is ok including metallic silver and gold.

Instructions are supplied for fitting.

For clarity, this is for a FULL set of white faced gauges - ignore the two blue ones in the lower photos. Note also that the redline will be red. In the case of predomiantly red markings, the redline will be yellow (unless requested otherwise).

Logos will be red unless requested otherwise.

Number colours can be anything you want except black (won't allow light to shine through at night).

I also have jap spec 180kph, 260kph and 150mph speedos.

Price is $60 for a standard set +$3 registered post - this is an ongoing discounted price for Austarion members.

PM me if you are interested.

(Note: Some of the info below is fairly old so a few things have changed - pm me for more info)

FULL SET IN WHITE/BLUE:

Note: The two smaller gauges in the photos below are a prototype blue with white. I am will be doing these and others soon. Let me know if you are interested in them.

Once again, sorry for blurry night photo.. this is the white faced gauge (1 second exposure!)

White/red combo:

This was taken in the garage during the day but with the fluros off - this is a better example of night viewing. The red does seem to be brighter.

This is a sample of a red faced gauge - I will try to run some of these next week if there's interest.

Last edited by hcca on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

Damn these look good. The STARION logo in the tach is a nice touch :) You should post on a USA forum, they'll probably be keen?
merlin
Enthusiast

Post by merlin »

that looks good hcca.
what material are they made from?
puzzled over the night shot of pix with white lettering, which is that?
do they come with all the cutouts already done?
can i presume you have to pry off the needles to fit the new faces?
(i had to do this on my r33, turned out to be a bit of a bastard job).
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

I'm working on an MPH version too.. :)

Merlin,

1. Vinyl graphics.. lots of work, believe me! Not to mention the time spent drawing the bastards, it takes 1-2 hours to assemble each set.
2. Top blurry as hell pic is the of the white face at night (1 sec exposure)
3. They come ready to fit as in the picture
4. Speedo and tacho needles pull off - not very hard. Other gauges are a bit different - I supply instructions.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

you are awesome

will you be posting a thing on how to remove and replace your dash
without fucking it up cause i dont want to have a dash like that one that was posted a few weeks ago :D

...big moz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Ill write a guide on how to do that as when i get gauges ill take lots of pics...that is if u want me to do that
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Sure.. if you can provide clearer details than me then go for it :) I will provide clear details on how to fit the faces at least - removing the cluster isn't too difficult as long as you know where the screws are.
Fuel
Enthusiast

Post by Fuel »

Great work.

I want a set, but i will wait for the pics of the white/red before i decide which ones i will get.

Can we get them without the mitsubishi logo on the speedo? :roll:

The taco is cool. :)
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

New pics of white/red in the first post.

I can do a couple without the mitsu logo if you want. Or I could just not weed it out - there would still be cut lines, but it will be pretty stealthy.
robert26t
Enthusiast

Post by robert26t »

hcca wrote:I'm working on an MPH version too.. :)

Merlin,

1. Vinyl graphics.. lots of work, believe me! Not to mention the time spent drawing the bastards, it takes 1-2 hours to assemble each set.
2. Top blurry as hell pic is the of the white face at night (1 sec exposure)
3. They come ready to fit as in the picture
4. Speedo and tacho needles pull off - not very hard. Other gauges are a bit different - I supply instructions.
do you make em yourself? if so can u do other cars?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

he does make them himself and lol im not sure cause this is just my word on it but i think that he will probably decline from other cars unless there is a massive group buy cause i personally know how hard it is to design and get these things going...1-2 hrs to put together is after the weeks and weeks of perfecting the design
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

:drool: white gauge with red text be my cuppa joe :drool:

I'm still keen on changing font to this sporty one i saw. The colt wasn't at the plaza where it was on display the first time i saw it so i will have to scour some dealerships i think. If not i'm thinking of buying that white/red one for backup then just sell it to an SCSA person here if you can do the one i'm thinking of.
_

Post by fr335tyl3r »

*drools over gauges* damn auspost...be faster!
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

:o :drool:

They look hot

How about black with blue numbers/marks?

can u do multiple colours? (like big mark = red, little mark = blue etc)

i love that starion logo on the tacho!!!
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

do you make em yourself? if so can u do other cars?
Yes, and maybe - unless it's something ridiculously rare that i'd have no hope of ever getting rid of more than one of, i'll consider it. I got to get these and other Staz ones out first though :)

Deeks,

I can do what you're after provided I can get some very good images. Otherwise can you find a font that works?
*drools over gauges* damn auspost...be faster!
Haha.. well, unfortunately, it's coming onto a weekend, so the earliest you're probably going to see it is tuesday or wednesday :)