wtb: 3:9 diff centre

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
1JZGTE
[P] Plates

wtb: 3:9 diff centre

Post by 1JZGTE »

i need a 3:9 diff centre lsd or not dont care wishful thinking i know but worth a try
when the clutch pops the bullshit stops!!!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Hello

Well I can get you the 3:9 diff centre NO PROBLEM. BUT you WILL need an 88-89 LSD Housing as the centre will NOT fit inside the Narowbody carrier.

Another thing you guys may not be aware of is that there are NO 3:9 LSD's out there anywere the ONLY 3:9 are NON LSD's. The procedure is getting a 3:5 LSD and replacing the Ring and Pinion on them from a 3:9 Differential. So you will need to take TWO diffs appart to make ONE. Using an 3:9 diff's internals and a 3:5 Internals.

I will have to price the 3:9 internal parts needed and post a quote.
For more info on the LSD swap look bellow at the post I have under LSD and half shafts from US.

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Oscar-the-Grouch wrote:Another thing you guys may not be aware of is that there are NO 3:9 LSD's out there anywere the ONLY 3:9 are NON LSD's.
Thats incorrect. The Australian delivered JD Starions had a 3.9 LSD option. I have one in my car.
Last edited by Cookiemonster on Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

NZ new Starions were available in 3.9 LSD as well.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
1JZGTE
[P] Plates

Post by 1JZGTE »

thanks 4 the help guys. would any one know where i could get hold of 1 closer than the u.s.
when the clutch pops the bullshit stops!!!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Sorry Guys...
Thanks for the correction I was unawear of the 3:9's on the AU and NZ Starions. I guess we will NEVER know everything about the Starion will we.

Again My appologies....
But I know FOR SURE non of those 3:9 were NEVER in the US at least on a legal registered car anyways.

I received an e-mail also regarding these LSD's and I was told that they are VERY rare almost as rare as widebody Starion in AU.

Oscar
BTW: So far the ONLY way to get an LSD shipped to you guys is in parts. You know the carrier in one box, the centre in another and if you want the 3:9 vs the 3:5 then the ring and pinnion gears in another. And will STILL be less than shipping the whole thing as one.

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Updated shipping cost of LSD's

I can ship the LSD's to you guys in Australia in TWO boxes (1- carrier/housing 2-Centre ) Total shipping aprox US$150.00 for surface shuipping. If shipped s ONE unit in one box it will run over US$350.00 as it will have to go Air Freight.

If anyone else is interesetd please contact me.

Thanks
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage