need early model injector

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
pitmac
Newcomer

need early model injector

Post by pitmac »

I need an early model injector 850cc. Non leaking.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Hahahahahhah LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL U want what??? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Gold plated rocking horse shit from a unicorn would be easier to find...... :o :o :o

Man in all honesty you have buckleys & none. Think you will be looking at MPI Conversion. I have a set here but condition unknown.

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
niss720
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by niss720 »

I have a spare JA manifold laying around you could try, can't remember what condition they were in but it ran fine untill it decided it no longer needed the balance shaft bearings :roll:
Parting Blue JA Starion

Mercedes W126 420sel
Blue JA Starion (parting)
Silver JA Starion, 45000kms, coilovers
4G63 VR4 cordia
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

If it is leaking out the side of the actual injector (not the complete hat) where the wires go in, as opposed to leaking out the end & ultrasonic cleaning didn't fix it, I have those rubber seals here would you believe..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Injectors don't leak. The seals around them do. Check the resistance of the injector to see if it's shorted out...then it may just run all the time causing overfuelling issues.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Alspos wrote:Injectors don't leak. The seals around them do. Check the resistance of the injector to see if it's shorted out...then it may just run all the time causing overfuelling issues.
Hey Al... I actually had the fuel leaking out of the wires coming out of the injector itself on one set I tested, they are crimped & can't be repaired according to Petrojet.

:beer

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Hmm interesting, I wonder why these seals are available then? They seal around the wires..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Petroject obviously didn't look very hard, I just grabbed my new old stock ja injector from out of my vacuum sealed bank vault & peeled the wire seal back to have a look, the answer is that yes at first glance the rubber seal looks crimped in place but it actually just sits flush with the injector body looking like it crimps over the seal..

If I had these seals 5 years ago there would be a lot less ja injectors thrown in my bin!

Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I think the seal? is merely there to stop the wires rubbing and shorting against the injector body.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Not sure, next time eis is in here doing some injectors i'll ask him his opinion..

ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Apart from the injectors being hard-wired, the bodies look pretty similar to more conventional style injectors... Has anyone tried hacking up the plastic around a plug on a more conventional injector, crimping on wires and getting it to fit? I've got the get the old TBI unit from FST4RD's car from him at some stage, should give it a go, I've got a bunch of shiity old mitsy injectors kicking around.
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

ProZac wrote:... Has anyone tried hacking up the plastic around a plug on a more conventional injector, crimping on wires and getting it to fit?....
Yes... there is a thread on here but can't remember the topic or who posted ...
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

So after all this BS where the Fcuk is PITMAC in all this... gone to sleep?

sucka
I like starions more

Post by sucka »

fugazi wrote:
ProZac wrote:... Has anyone tried hacking up the plastic around a plug on a more conventional injector, crimping on wires and getting it to fit?....
Yes... there is a thread on here but can't remember the topic or who posted ...
http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=vr4gone
fugazi
Enthusiast

Post by fugazi »

Yep! That's the one! :beer