WTB: supra w58 shifter for staz.

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
4g6beat
I love starions

WTB: supra w58 shifter for staz.

Post by 4g6beat »

HI guys i know it's exactly a starion part but it's for a supra box (w58) that's going into my 1uz staz (almost there!), have been searching for aeons for a shifter for the box i bought it thinking it'd be easy to find later, boy was i wrong!

I know it's a long shot but i know a few guys here have either adapted a box or dabled with other cars. so here's hoping!
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

the short shifters are available for about 400ish.. castle hill toyota will get one for about 650..

If i find a cheaper short shifter, i'd get it.

I might be able to get you a whole second hand W5x gearbox including shifter for 600.
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

You need the longest shifter posistion in a stazz using a w5 series box. Speak to dellow, they will tell you what size and will most likely have one in stock.
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

I've been through 4 of these boxes in the past 2 years!

Yep, you need the "longest" of the shifter positions to suit Starion/Scorpion.

I paid between $250 and $450 for the boxes.

The short shifters are around, they go for around $250 new or $150 second hand - for the good ones. They are a very short throw and actually improve the shift quality - highly recommended.

Do you have a bellhousing already?
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

where can you get the trd short shifters for 250 new?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

I don't know about the TRD ones, here's a pic of the one I got - it's probably a copy, but they work extremely well...

They used to be available on ebay and Trademe, but I just had a look and couldn't find them anymore.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I've never seen those shifters on ebay for $250?
Link?
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

As I said above, they used to be on ebay, but I can't find them on there now. It was probably 18 months back when they were always on there.

They pop up on the Toyota forums every now and then. I picked mine up on Performance forums for under $150, including the stainless knob.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I wouldnt find the median price of a second hand shifter from a single sale, its technically impossible. The guy that makes these shifters is away with a rally atm but will be back soon and have more on ebay. He lists them for $350. I've never seen the shifters cheaper.
I have his contact details if anyone would like them.

:beer
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Lummy
I love starions

Post by Lummy »

Finally, a little vindication on this subject....I knew I wasn't going mad....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Celica-Supra ... 3cba207724
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

I was looking at this recently..

just so you guys know, dellow actually seem to now make a short shifter for the w5x series. they are about 120aud.. i might get me one soon, seeing as they are now a 20 minute walk from where i live :D
quest wrote:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

correction on what i've said. standard shifters are 120aud from dellow.

short shifters are 250aud, or 275aud with a chomed shift lever. The reason for this extra price seems to be that a different shifter housing is used.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA ... 3a6693d2bb

i've just gone down to dellow this morning to get me one. Will report back when i've installed it. I can't seem to get to the furthers bolts from within the car, so will have to get under it :S
quest wrote:
niss720
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by niss720 »

ive got 1 here if anyone were to need 1
Parting Blue JA Starion

Mercedes W126 420sel
Blue JA Starion (parting)
Silver JA Starion, 45000kms, coilovers
4G63 VR4 cordia
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

also note that the furthest back position that you can get for the shifter housing is 21". The quickshift is only available in 20.5" (the only other one is way too far forward), so it will sit a half inch forward. In mine as well, the stock gear lever is bent backwards a bit, while the short throw shifter is straight. As a result, in mine, it will sit about 1" or so forward

Oh, and the shift lever itself is a fair bit shorter by the look of things
quest wrote:
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

compared to the dellow one, the one that lummy posted is a pretty smart idea - instead of replacing the shole shifter housing, just add an extra bit on top to allow for the raised pivot point. Plus, the lever seems bent backward, so this will perhaps be closer to your hand. I will have to see how I feel about the dellow one after I install it.
quest wrote: