For Sale - 1986 White GSR-V

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

For Sale - 1986 White GSR-V

Post by NachoMan »

For Sale: My White 1986 GSR-V. The GSR-V is the ultimate narrowbody Staz. They are ultra rare in this country, even rarer than a widebody! They are awesome even in stock form.
Condition: lovely inside with a VERY tiny amount of surface rust and paint chipping on the outside. Tyres are about 80%
This car is NOT perfect. There are a few niggly things that I’m not entirely happy with, but they are nothing that will prevent this car from being driven daily.
Odometer reads a genuine 113,000kms.
Price and price conditions: $8700 ono - priced for a quick sale. There will be some spare parts included with the sale of this car.
Extra Info: I've owned her for 3.5 years, and have had no real trouble with her. She’s been a daily driver for the last 2 years. The ONLY reason that I am selling her is because I bought a certain Nissan powered widebody about a year back, and my primary focus has shifted to that. If I didn’t have the widebody, $50,000 wouldn’t get you this car.
The following is work, additions, or modifications that have been done during the time that I've owned her;
• Stainless intercooler pipes
• Turbosmart type 1 BOV
• 2.5" exhaust
• K&N air filter
• Bosch Super 4 spark plugs replaced every 6 months
• Turbo rebuilt about 6000kms ago
• Steering box was completely rebuilt about 2 years ago
• Front brake pads were upgraded to new Hilux pads about 5 months ago
• Brake master cylinder replaced about 2 years ago
• Timing belt and water pump done at 100,000kms
• Exhaust manifold refaced about 3 months ago
• VL Commodore fuel pump installed to replace failed 24 year old OEM unit.
There are also a few minor interior mods in the way of a double din JVC stereo installed in November ’07, aftermarket 330mm steering wheel, and aftermarket RAZO gear shift knob, as you can no doubt see in the photos.
I have receipts for work done by other people, but as I didn’t think I would ever sell her, I just serviced her every 6 months myself.
I will give FULL disclosure about this car. If you ask me about something, I’ll tell the buyer EXACTLY what the deal is.
I want the new owner of this car to be satisfied that they got a good deal.

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pick up, or you organise freight and I'll drop her off to the nearest depot.

Contact Details: on here, use the contact buttons or CALL me 0419900272.
Last edited by NachoMan on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Nice one mate :D
Yeh this is in a lot better condition than my white GSR-V that I'm about to sell.

This is definitely worth that money for anyone looking for such a nice car. I can definitely confirm that these really are beautiful to drive, and probably one of the best Starion's made, even though I've now gone widebody myself as well haha... these GSR-V's actually handle a bit better than widebody's, as a number of people on here will confirm. And the DASH engine does go pretty quick.

Hope someone on here picks this up! Nice car, good deal :)
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
Noddy
Enthusiast

Post by Noddy »

Good opportunity for someone - Jason has looked after this and it is very tidy...........

Seems a few good Starions for people to choose from at the moment - this one should be at the top of peoples list :D

Need you to help me get some pictures up of mine J...... :D
1985 JB - owned from new.
1986 JD - used to own one.......
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Noddy wrote:Good opportunity for someone - Jason has looked after this and it is very tidy...........

Seems a few good Starions for people to choose from at the moment - this one should be at the top of peoples list :D

Need you to help me get some pictures up of mine J...... :D
Thanks Ray! :beer

Yeah I'll give you a hand to chuck some photos up on here.
You're always really busy, so you just let me know when... :)
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Bump!
Kane (Mainstream) wants this car, but is having domestic troubles.
We had worked out everything bar the shipping date.
So consequently, this will go to the first person with the interest & money.
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

I have bought an identical white 1986 GSR-V (thru Mitsumadness) and am going through some of the repairs you have done! Bonus for the buyer!

However, in a previous post you have mentioned fuel issues with car. How's that going?? I trust the ecu is OK? The one I have bought had shat itself and now is run by a MT8 microtech??

Options on the car are similar to mine. No ABS and no climate control. Has the car got a 3.9 LSD? and was it factory optioned??

On the rebuilt turbo, is the exhaust housing 080 or 060?? This is where I believe the later model GSR-V's have dropped power from 200ps to 170ps together with a more restrictive exhaust?

I think these are important questions & issues for anyone buying a GSR-V! IMHO, it is the best of factory starions!! :beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Love these in white. Bao's must have been fully optioned then hey Mal, with the climate control and all?
How much did that go for?
:beer
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

JDSTAZ45 wrote:I have bought an identical white 1986 GSR-V (thru Mitsumadness) and am going through some of the repairs you have done! Bonus for the buyer!

However, in a previous post you have mentioned fuel issues with car. How's that going?? I trust the ecu is OK? The one I have bought had shat itself and now is run by a MT8 microtech??

Options on the car are similar to mine. No ABS and no climate control. Has the car got a 3.9 LSD? and was it factory optioned??

On the rebuilt turbo, is the exhaust housing 080 or 060?? This is where I believe the later model GSR-V's have dropped power from 200ps to 170ps together with a more restrictive exhaust?

I think these are important questions & issues for anyone buying a GSR-V! IMHO, it is the best of factory starions!! :beer
Fuel issues are sorted - Faulty O2 sensor.
3.9 diff but not LSD. Unsure if factory optioned, but these apparently came with either.
Turbo is the same as it was before, just the innards have been freshened up.
As far as Factory Starions go, these are by far the best!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:Love these in white. Bao's must have been fully optioned then hey Mal, with the climate control and all?
How much did that go for?
I suppose the only option not included on Bao's is the sunroof! However, it did come with the Ralliart sideskirts and the very nice SSR rims.
I now wonder what exhaust housing is on that?

Price? Do a search for those interested! :D

GSR-V's are now becoming pricey in Japan as well!!
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Austarion member SPECIAL! :o
$7800
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

what is the difference between the gsr v and a jb with no lsd. Is it just 5 stud dash and the black jd interior? I thought the gsrv had climate control?
I'd love one of these.

JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:what is the difference between the gsr v and a jb with no lsd. Is it just 5 stud dash and the black jd interior? I thought the gsrv had climate control?
I'd love one of these.
Correct! 5 stud/bigger brakes... Dash engine...black velour JD style interior and JD exterior inc rear wings.
Another feature was that they were better built :)

Although, I think there was a batch of no frills GSR-V's with basic options.
Mine's exactly the same BUT not in same condition!
I can't believe they released some of them without LSD's.
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

What do you mean by "no frills"
No Climate Control
No LSD
No Sunroof
No Side Skirts
Is that the kind of stuff your talking about?
They seem to be just like a JD with a sticker that says GSR V
How can u tell them apart if a JD had the same sticker?
Is the steering box the same?
kushman
Big Dorifto

Re: ...

Post by kushman »

NachoMan wrote:Austarion member SPECIAL! :o
$7800
thats even a good deal for a kiwi to buy and ship over , can get a nz reg on cars 20years and older that are classed as classics by at least 3 major intl car magazines and have 2 doors
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:What do you mean by "no frills"
No Climate Control
No LSD
No Sunroof
No Side Skirts
Is that the kind of stuff your talking about?
They seem to be just like a JD with a sticker that says GSR V
How can u tell them apart if a JD had the same sticker?
Is the steering box the same?
Everything is almost the same as a JD.
It's quite hard to tell them apart even when they're next to each other.
The motor makes a big difference though, and so does having 5 stud hubs.
I believe the sway bars are thicker too..? :?
They are also built better, and it's the little things that make a big difference. They make the car more quirky and Japanese which you may or may not like.
The electrical system is far better too, and doesn't require as big a battery.

Sargeant_Khan; This thread is not here for a Starion history lesson, nor is it here to justify the purchase cost of this vehicle to you.

I understand that words on a screen don't always convey the right tone of a message.
However it seems that you're mocking this car, and therefore me, and if so, I'll kindly ask you to stop.

If you're not, then I apologise wholeheartedly for my potential misunderstanding.

If you have a genuine question about the car, and are possibly looking at making me an offer, then by all means contact me via a PM.
I'll tell you anything you want to know.

I just want to sell a nice, rare model, complete Starion for a good price.
I'm not a squillionaire, and therefore I don't have enough space to store all of the cars that I currently own. :(

Oh and thanks to everyone for taking an interest.