Widey for sale in NZ

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JAS
Enthusiast king

Widey for sale in NZ

Post by JAS »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =278881139

Its a US import still LHD but mint by the look of if. Ive had dealings with the guy and he seems like a good guy. Likes everything right so would be a well looked after car
1984 Sigma Super, Turbo Wagon
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks
1984 GSR II 4G63 302kw atw at 24psi

http://www.facebook.com/marvinmartiannz

ImageImage
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

I wonder what the deal is with the wheels. Obviously factory centres, but look to be converted to 3 peice and maybe bigger diameter outer rims?
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

MrBishi wrote:I wonder what the deal is with the wheels. Obviously factory centres, but look to be converted to 3 peice and maybe bigger diameter outer rims?
He makes them new. New centres and outers. They are a 3 piece rim and he can make them in any width and offset you want. But only 17 inch.

Nice rims though :pimp
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

do you know how much he charges? I wonder if he can make 4 stud ones.... :twisted:
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
JAS
Enthusiast king

Post by JAS »

thrash wrote:do you know how much he charges? I wonder if he can make 4 stud ones.... :twisted:
Dont think he makes them in 4 stud mate.
Hes got the info on StarQuest somewhere. Just keep in mind they are brand new rims so not cheap.
1990 GSR-VR 50,000ks

ImageImage
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

Yeah 'not cheap' like 4 grand a pop! i love them possibly a lil tooo much dish but suits the car

I saw that widey and I now quickly log onto trade me and look at the pics and think about it being so close, Like right here in nz! ..before i go to bed !! :wink:
Umbrella girls rock. That is all
bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

Ha ha there are two great widebodys in Whangarei. That's close for you!
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

yeah i know lol but the one on trade me is soo soo hot
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

it is a nice car , id rather import a uk widebody(right hand rive , and 4g powered) and reg it in nz under the special interest laws . if a car has 2 doors , and is reconised as a classic in 1 of 10 mags and was a limited number produced(not sure on numbers , under 20 thou that year i think) you can reg it in nz .. mate just done it on a fresh imported 91 gtr

probbly cost less than what he is wanting for his usa model
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

If its 20 years old you can register anything, from anywhere. If newer you have to own it for 90 days in the country you import it from first.

So you can get any Starion on the road now, a UK one though is risky if you can't inspect it first. They rust big time,(salt on roads) also if its had any previous accident damage or repair they will want a repair cert. it will cost the value of the car, if they spot any rust be prepared to remove panels even rear quarter panels and repair, seal and treat the whole car.

When we were getting cars from Japan and they arrived with snow tyres you knew it was goin to cost,(rust) sometimes you would have a cheap car sometimes it would owe nearly what it was worth here anyway.

I don't think its a bad price for the US one, the risk involved of the above costs alone can make any import worth that much. I'd prefer RHD myself and still might get a UK one.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

bigd wrote:Ha ha there are two great widebodys in Whangarei. That's close for you!
speaking of which I saw your widey parked in town when I was up in Whangarei last weekend. It seems the last couple times I head up there I see a Starion, the time before that it was Tamgesic's one.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
kushman
Big Dorifto

Post by kushman »

thats intersetign to know , go to jap for a holiday , buy a car ... arrange frieght home at a date more that 90 days then pik it up at home.. any car u say? i wonder what would be harder to find , a gsr v widey or a uk ex widey .. hmmm
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

You only need to own it for 90 days if its newer than 20 years old, I believe there is then a time limit in which you cannot sell it.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Tamgesic
I love starions

Post by Tamgesic »

haha N.z is too dam small.

I still have'nt come across big d's one myself though..heard its mint
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

But its steering wheel is onthe wrong side !!! A major drawback. I lived in the US and trust me left hand drive SUCKS big time. It never feels natural and worse when you drive it on raod that is left right hand drive. Sitting in th egutter isnt nice. Still good if you have a head on I suppose :o