WTB: 4 Stud Starion Front Struts - NZ

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
ADR_lancer
[P] Plater austaz

WTB: 4 Stud Starion Front Struts - NZ

Post by ADR_lancer »

Hey Guy's,

After a pair of 4-stud front struts and bottom arms to suit a suspension build on my EX Lancer Turbo.

Located in Welly NZ but can travel if needed.

Cheers,
Matt
EX Lancer Turbo
8 Valves of Fury
ADR_lancer
[P] Plater austaz

Post by ADR_lancer »

BUMPing this up....

Having a nightmare tracking a pair down here in NZ :(

Can any of the NZ crew help me??
EX Lancer Turbo
8 Valves of Fury
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Have you been keeping an eye on trademe? I'm sure I've seen at least one pair of complete Starion struts come up on trademe since last year.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
ADR_lancer
[P] Plater austaz

Post by ADR_lancer »

Yeah have been.

Basically looking to get a pair of struts to save me butchering my standard Lancer GSR struts in a custom build.

Would a pair of sigma or galant numbers suffice? Might need bottom arms as well due to the difference in locating studs... 2 vs. 3 on the lancer struts.
EX Lancer Turbo
8 Valves of Fury
smodgee
I like starions

Post by smodgee »

i know of a guy who used galant arms on his ex lancer to get more camber as the sigma ones are longer, don't know what mods he did to make them fit but it went from rolling over front tyres to looking very racy, you might of seen the car, its a purple rally car was built by alan cant in mangaweka but i think its down palmy way now, just out of interest how much do front struts go for?
sohc 82 a182a rally-car,cam, mpi,vf8 turbo,v5 link,ross pistons, gsr injectors, Bosch 909 fp, nearly ready for dyno, if all calculations are right 190rwkw, hopefully :)
sohc 82 a183a rally-car, standard besides balance shafts removed,no airflow meter, lsd, 1080kg
ADR_lancer
[P] Plater austaz

Post by ADR_lancer »

Yeah I figure that a pair of sigma struts and arms would similarly do the trick. And with looking to modify, they don't need to exactly be direct bolt in's anyway.

Not sure what they'd go for. I'd hazard $50-100 given that they aren't necessarily a high demand part. Normally just excess to requirements or throw away material. Sadly this is exactly what I did with a pair while shifting years back.

Really just need a pair of slightly more burly early 80's mitsi struts... Sigma, Galant, Starion.
EX Lancer Turbo
8 Valves of Fury
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

ADR_lancer wrote: Not sure what they'd go for. I'd hazard $50-100 given that they aren't necessarily a high demand part. Normally just excess to requirements or throw away material. Sadly this is exactly what I did with a pair while shifting years back.
How are GSR Lancer ones different? Given the number of Starions sold compared with Lancers and the new found popularity of Lancers I'd say its a reasonably high demand part(in Starion land) well thats what I find having a Starion parts car in my front drive. (maybe 4 door knockers a month)

I'd sell a good pair for $300 with brakes but no bottom arms sorry.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc