WTB: A Couple Engine Parts

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Rola
Big Dorifto

WTB: A Couple Engine Parts

Post by Rola »

Hey guys, I am currently getting my engine rebuilt and i am looking for some parts so i thought i would post up a thread and see if anyone from austarion could help me out ;)

I am looking for:

Some 13b injectors, if anyone has a set they bought for their staz and doesnt want them anymore or something, or if anyone has some similar injectors that would be cool.

A heat shield which goes in between the turbo and the turbo manifold as my car didnt have one when i bought it.

Cheers guy, any help appreciated, even if you can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, just wanna get my staz back on the road asap :)
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

Even if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be a great help :D
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I have rx7 injectors that are 550cc or i have a set of vr4 injectors that are 450cc, both need a clean because they have been sitting around for awhile. $200 for the rx7 ones or $120 for the vr4 ones. I think i also have the heatshield you're after but its used.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

RiceThief wrote:I have rx7 injectors that are 550cc or i have a set of vr4 injectors that are 450cc, both need a clean because they have been sitting around for awhile. $200 for the rx7 ones or $120 for the vr4 ones. I think i also have the heatshield you're after but its used.
Cool mate, i may just get those off you (the injectors and the heat shield). The injectors are the red/burgundy ones yeh?

How much u want for the heat shield?

PM me some pics if possible please.

Cheers.

Roland.
RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

Yeah mate the injectors are the red ones, as for the heat shield you can have it for free if you buy the injectors. I wont be able to get some pics till this weekend as they are both still on the car.

Rola
Big Dorifto

Post by Rola »

RiceThief wrote:Yeah mate the injectors are the red ones, as for the heat shield you can have it for free if you buy the injectors. I wont be able to get some pics till this weekend as they are both still on the car.
Cheers mate, i will most likely buy them from you, if you wanna PM me your bank details ill organize a DD soon (get paid Thursday). Also just wondering if you know how much an injector clean costs or is it possible to do yourself?
RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

Let me take some pics of the injectors and heat shield to make sure you are happy with them before you make a dd. Injector cleaning cost around $30 per injector with those mobile services.

What do you mean by doing it yourself? As in home jobbie, yes and no, you would have to make up a rig to feed the injectors and to pulse them, plus the solution to clean them, so it works out cheaper to get someone to do it.

If you mean for me to do it before i send them, i dont recommend that, you should clean them just before to are ready to start the car. The reason being as part of the cleaning process, they continually pulse the injectors as they feed the injectors the cleaning solution, which cleans the injectors internally but more importantly helps loose the pintle which can get stuck if left idle for too long.

So if you get them cleaned and then leave them to sit for awhile it defeats the purpose of getting them cleaned as the pintle may get stuck again. Last time I got my injectors cleaned they recommend to fit it and get it running in a week to keep the injectors lubricated.