1989 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo (England)

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Station
I like starions more

1989 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo (England)

Post by Station »

I am selling my car Mitsubishi Starion. I have done approximately 31 miles in it since June 25th 2008. I bought it with a knackered ECU and jaffed injector.
Unfortunately, it starts but doesn't run - fuel filter? fuel pump?

New:
Fuel Filter
Oil Filter
Injectors
Injector connectors/clips
Air Filter
Tyres
Fuel Lines
Throttle Position Sensor
Coolant Temperature Sensor
Flushed and replated fuel tank
Fuel pump

Work done/Replaced:
Engine (with 80k mile)
ECU
Alloys (widebody 8"/9") (plus spare)
Waxoyled/Garaged!
Most things replaced

Comes with:
TAX til 11/08, MOT till 09/08!
Loads of Spares
Four alloys plus spacesaver spare wheel
A REFURBISHED (with receipt) engine
Air/fuel ration gauge
Boost Gauge
Exhaust temp gauge
Lean gauge

-YOU HAVE TO TAKE EVERYTHING AS I HAVE NO USE FOR THEM!!-

Bad points:
Jacking point has perished, little bit of rust in corner of skuttle panel (below windscreen), tiny bit of rust on top of windscreen, bodged repair job on front driver's wing (not me), front splitter is cracked on the corners.
Car does not run, so will need trailering!

I want £1,000 for this. Extremely sorry to see it go, I have spent many, many hours on this, and will be sad to see such a charismatic, well looked after car go, but I have given up and I am purchasing a Corolla Trueno.
Thanks!

:D
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
LSD, Intercooler, ABS, leather interior, air con
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

Now breaking, -all parts- available!! (all in unbroken unmodified condition) ;)
Last edited by Station on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987 Mitsubishi Starion 2.0 Turbo RHD with 88 - 90 engine (?), manual gearbox (MAP Sensor'd).
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

pm sent :beer

hopefully i won't faint from postage costs :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

if its over shoebox size u will, UK post put their prices up in may :(
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

Fraid so, shipping will be triple figures! :wtf:
It cost 40 dollars to ship a few boost sensors back in July - the packaging they arrived in weighed more than the whole thing!
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

I need a few small things and don't mind the shipping but am away for a month, think you'll still have her then?
After drivers' window switch, fog lights and surrounds and some trim.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

hey station, noticed u say it starts but doesnt run, have u checked your ignition switch?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

Station
I like starions more

Post by Station »

... Ignition switch? :P

Actually, the car does run, but only briefly and very badly, there is only one thing wrong with it, but I can't find it!
MainstreaM
I've been here before

Post by MainstreaM »

pm sent
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

does it run at all when the key comes back to the on position when u release it from the start position?

and have u thought about getting an auto sparky to look at this car?

just a shame to see another clean car wrecked for no reason, even if its in the UK

thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

as much as i want the parts, i have to agree with redzone..

plus if you purchase a trueno you'll have much the same problems as with the starion.. the only plus for the trueno is that there is more aftermarket support for them.. but that's because they are more popular cars.. so you'll no longer have something uniquely cool..

it might be worth your while to get it checked out by a professional before deciding to part it out..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

^^^^^^ what he said, way too nice a car to part out. You'd best take it to a sparky to get a full diagnostic done. What if you found out it was a two quid part. You'd kick yourself hey :beer
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

you've spent a load checking the fuel system.. how bout the ignition?

sometimes it just needs a clean.. one of my previous cars would refuse to start intermittently, and i had no idea what the problem was.. took it to the auto electrician, and he couldn't figure it out either.. so he decided that instead of wasting time troubleshooting, he'd just clean out and renew most of the basic electrical connections.. and the car never skipped a beat afterwards..

could be something as simple as a bad earth connection..
quest wrote:
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

waiiiit a sec. briefly, like maybe a few seconds?

like say it wills tart then die within 10 seconds or so?

I had this problem trying to wiring my fuel pump up with my stand alone. It would prime the pump then run for a few secs and only very badly then die. It was the fuel pump relay priming before hte engine started, ubt it would then turn off because it had no signal from the ecu. Could be the relay, or the connection from the ecu to the relay. Since I was running a standalone and I had my own fp relay All I had to do was splice into the line near the door jamb.

I'm sure all of us here would be happy to help you troubleshoot. Truenos are pretty fun, but you will miss the power of a starion very quickly...
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero