Group Buy - Braided Brake Lines - Closed

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

I saw these lines in the flesh...slightly better quality than the UK ones.
I'm sold on the one piece fronts and will get a set of fronts only together with a set of OEM configuration lines.

Well done Tomsun on doing the ground work on this as it boils down to becoming a more suitable product without the hassles. And a great price too!

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

Sorry Pete - I am definately in, just tossing up on whether to go the 6 piece or 8 piece..

Want to get the 6 piece ones, but a little worried that they might have been made two piece at the front to reduce stress from torsion. How are the single piece fronts held in the bracket? Was the bracket cut to position the hose within it? The piece in the middle that positions within the bracket, is that soft rubbet or is that hard material?

Sorry about all the questions! If it's easier, I can just come by to your place to have a look at em Pete
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

thrash wrote:Sorry Pete - I am definately in, just tossing up on whether to go the 6 piece or 8 piece..

Want to get the 6 piece ones, but a little worried that they might have been made two piece at the front to reduce stress from torsion. How are the single piece fronts held in the bracket? Was the bracket cut to position the hose within it? The piece in the middle that positions within the bracket, is that soft rubbet or is that hard material?

Sorry about all the questions! If it's easier, I can just come by to your place to have a look at em Pete
If in doubt, get the 8 line set. Still cheap. The 8 lines should ensure the lines have the right amount of curature and flex...?

They are held in the middle by a hard black nylon "fitting" the can slide up and down the line if needed. The bottom end of the hose (caliper end) fits through the bracket and middle section is held in place by the OEM "spring clip"

Also, if I haven't mentioned this earlier, the metal brackets that are attached to the car in the front wheel well need to be filed out and emmery paper etc.. Pain the the arse job. The large stainless fitting are about 1/2 mm too big. Took me about 10 mins each side going slow to open it up evenly. I'm guessing the rears will be the same when I get to them

I'm home all day tomorrow. SMS or PM me if you need my address, I can't remember if you have been to my place before. :beer
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

The rear lines were fitted today and look good.

Old cracked lines :shock:

I did bend the rears' body tab up about 5mm which put the hose on a better angle and made the bend radius better (less tight).

1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I forgot to mention that that the pedal does feel firmer. Not sure if its the new lines or I did a better job of bleeding the lines this time. :D
1985 JB Starion #157
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

TOMSUN wrote:I forgot to mention that that the pedal does feel firmer. Not sure if its the new lines or I did a better job of bleeding the lines this time. :D
I can recommend SPEED BLEEDERS .They make it easy to do the job by yourself.
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I have just been told these items are in the post. I'll PM the individuals asking for postal addresses and money shortly.
:beer
1985 JB Starion #157
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

I have recieved the new lot from the supplier. Looks like they have got these finaly right. They have appoligised for the delay.

JK, Multi3LV6 will go in to post on monday.
Aaron, Thrash, Mal and Vic I'll catch up with you guys over the next week.

I have lost money on this GB with all the stuffing around and postage. Last one I'll be doing for a while. Thanks everyone for your patience. :beer
1985 JB Starion #157
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hey mate, sorry I didn't reply to your message today, I'll give you a ring later in the week.

How much are you out of pocket - the supplier should really be paying for the extra postage if they got it wrong to start with, no?

maybe just split the cost with all the buyers?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

About $30 or $40... I'll just put it down as experience this time.

Sam at HEL has been really keen to get this right for us, even thought it took longer that expected.
1985 JB Starion #157
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Thanks everyone for your patience.
Thanks to you Pete for all the stuffing around, not just on this GB but all the others of yours I've had the fortune to be in.

It went without saying but if you need a favour done here in Perth, big or small, just get in touch, if I can do it I will.
jb - white outside maroon inside
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

Thanks guys for the positive feedback.
1985 JB Starion #157