Rubber Air boot

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
David McLeod
[P] Plates

Post by David McLeod »

The boot has been fixed. It's worth mentioning though that Al's fix used a section of radiator hose being connected onto the turbo. Probably not the best solution as this type of hose wouldn't handle the extreme temps and any oil and the turbo is oil cooled so it is around there. :?
pro gsr
Big Dorifto

rubber air boot

Post by pro gsr »

U can get a heat resistant hose. To fit over the end of the air boot. & use a clamp to keep it firm on the boot. And slip the hose over your turbo then clamp the hose to the turbo. Then fit the other end of the rubber air boot onto the air box. don't forget to cut off the end that goes on the turbo,where the clamp used to be. So u don't get any hose stuck in the turbo. Don't forget to get the hose alittle longer. So u can to fit it over the rubber air boot. The hose u need to buy is orange and heat resistant turbo hose.
mitsubishi starion jd 1985, factory intercooler,
custom stainless intercooler pipe work,to4 compressor wheel,10 psi boost,boost controller, 2 & half inch exhaust with stainless muffler 4 inch tip, 15 inch mags
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

No, radiator hose is possibly not the best solution, but i have had mine on for the last 4 years or so and have not had a problem. Radiators can run over 100 degrees and at whatever the pressure, I can only assume the inducer of the turbo doesn't get that hot etc.

Plus I'm a tight arse :D