WTB WIDEBODY STARION

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

I doubt the astron would have met any emissions laws that the sirius wouldnt ? I suppose you are correct in that the yanks like cubes and somebody decided that a bigger engine would market better.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yep they'd already done the california emissions on the 2.6 so thats why japan and uk got em in the end. darryl the USA had the 2.6 from 83 when the starion came out over there, because of the extra torque.

that strut brace is a cusco one, steve has one.

the yen is getting rather dear innit?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

yeah in the Starion book the MAIN reason for the 2.6 was to market it better at the Yanks for the big capacity engine and Torque.

Shame really, but still it isn't a bad engine. A work colleague on Wednesday night asked me if it was a rotor because it had so much Torque :twisted:
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

WidebodyWoody wrote: Shame really, but still it isn't a bad engine. A work colleague on Wednesday night asked me if it was a rotor because it had so much Torque :twisted:
dont rotory's never minimum torque?
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

redzone wrote:that strut brace is a cusco one, steve has one.
The are still available from cusco too but on special order which takes about 4 weeks.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

RiceThief wrote:
The are still available from cusco too but on special order which takes about 4 weeks.
group buy time? :D
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

I already have the cusco strutbrace on my widey, but can i suggest if you group buy to get the strut tops they make also? They are much better quality that the Mookeeh ones, and they are anodised the same colour as the brace.
RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

thrash wrote:
RiceThief wrote:
group buy time? :D
Too exy now with our dollar the way it is, i made a post last year about them when i got mine at the time it was only 210 delivered.

WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

yeah I found these braces long time before the other group buy started, and personally I didn't like the style. BUT it does go over the standard intake system.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

That particular widey has been around for a while. That same dealer in Japan has another black one also, but it is a 1989 and is of similar asking price.

Darryl, those two items can easily be rectified. But yes, I agree, there is always a risk when buying a car without seeing it for yourself.

These cars are getting rarer and harder to import so the chances of finding one "cheap" is highly unlikely.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

WidebodyWoody wrote:yeah I found these braces long time before the other group buy started, and personally I didn't like the style. BUT it does go over the standard intake system.
Oh, i suppose i should ask instead of assuming.. would the braces be the same for the wideys and flattys?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
RiceThief

Post by RiceThief »

Yep braces are the same with wideys and flattys.

bigd
Enthusiast

Post by bigd »

19K AUS? I'd sell my widey to someone for that and chuck in my cusco strut brace too! That's insane for an 80's jap machine.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

yes yes true charlie, i wasnt saying they were major or unfixable, just that for 19 k you could restore any other starion to almost museum quality. cheers.
starion4me
I've been here before

Post by starion4me »

Buy my widey for 19.5k instead....already here and registered with 270kw at the wheels!

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=9930
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels