wtb early sigma for my 2l starion motor

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
2lturbs
I like starions

wtb early sigma for my 2l starion motor

Post by 2lturbs »

if any one in adelaide has an early sigma for sale lets me know cheers
my starion has hit a tree and a roundabout and she loves it to.....
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

Probabally best to try www.sigma-galant.com.
If your looking at putting the starion engine into a sigma why don't you look at posibly using a galant instead. Alot lighter and it is possible to have them look alot nicer. I think they might have a leaf spring rear though.
If your still keen to put it into a sigma the lightest sigma i think is the chrysler ge sigma's. The gh sigma's may be just as light but i don't think they are. Prob best to double check.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

There is a sigma turbo shell on ebay at the moment.
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

all galants = leaf spring rear... sigmas arent

always heaps in the trading post mate. found my ex's GE in there, was in good nick all it needed was a coat of paint, was immaculate inside. 1k was handed over. Never did paint it for her... became an ex before then rofl
1983 JA Staz
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

yeah i was thinking 2 door galant but im sick of having a car that you cant get parts for..so i thought sigma with a 9 inch in the rear end thrash the f out of it
Chryzla
Princess

Post by Chryzla »

2 door galants parts arent that rare... like... say... starion part rare...
1983 JA Staz
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

2 door galants? got any pics to see what shape it is?

I think my eterna is technically a two door galant:

it already has a starion engine, gearbox and rear IRS diff in it already tho :P
Superscan
Big Dorifto

Post by Superscan »

BTW: It's called a Scorpion here in Australia (no IRS tho), and a Sapporo in USA. It was the pre-cursor to the Starion. If you know of an IRS for sale for one of these, let me know

Cheers.
2lturbs
I like starions

Post by 2lturbs »

thats a weird looking galant havent seen one of them be for, nah id rather sigma than a galant
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

^^^ nah thats not a galant like we know here mate, thats like a GK scorpion. actually an early (GE/GH) scorpion might be an alright choice for ya, certainly a lot more stylish than a ge sigma!

the kiwi's called sigma's "galants", our galant was a small little thing similar size to a LA/LB lancer..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Sigma, Galant and Eternas are all the same car. The 70s models were called Galants (GE I think?). At one stage here they were called Galant Sigma's. In the early 80s they were called Sigmas in AUS and NZ, yet were still named Galants and Eternas in Japan.

Mine's a jap import A164A Eterna 2 door, same as a Galant 2 door (which is named Galant Lambda or Sapporo in other markets). Infact on the bootlid of my Eterna it has a Lambda "A" symbol.

The 5th gen Galant (what we called the 'FWD' Sigma) was the basis of your guy's TM Magna.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

^^^ can someone please post a pic of an aussie galant for this guy? he doesnt seem to get it LOL

hang on i'll look at the sigma/galant forum...

check this thread out mate few pics in here..

http://sigma-galant.com/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=3414
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

It's not that I'm not getting it - I'm just saying there is more than one model Galant coupe!

I think this is the Galant you are referring to? (I know its a sedan but I couldn't find a pic of the 2 door easily)

That's a 2nd generation Galant made from 1973 until 1977ish.
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

That ^ in New Zealand was only a coupe and called a 1850 coupe ( no galant) No 4 door here because they still has Hillman Hunters and Avengers.
The yellow one is a Sapporo in NZ (had a 2.6 1) and is called an Eterna because of the irs and turbo.(and imported) Eternas are always a luxury model, fwd ones have longer wheel base and pillarless windows etc.
The galant name disappeared from here from early 80's until the vr4 imports started arriving. We still have mid 90's sigmas ( Diamante)
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

The NZ built version of my yellow Eterna was initially called a Galant Lambda, then later on changed to Sapporo like the US and Europe were using.

There have been a couple other imports like mine badged as 'Galant' and they also have turbo and IRS.

As for the FWD 5th gen, the Eterna was a hard top (pillarless windows) but the wheelbase was the same (I've had both cars).

The Galant name resumed here with the introduction of the SB (E33A) Galant in 1987. My father had the very first imported E39A VR-4 in 1990 (it was an '88 model).

The 90s Sigma is just a lower spec Diamante (doesn't have pillarless windows, same as KR/KS Magna) and doesn't share any relation to the previous Sigma or Galant.