EOI Custom intake manifold

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Mick wrote:hey mate good bloody luck with it cant wait to see one :)

just wondering which tb these were designed to be used with...?

or they'll be large enough for use with vn commo, xf falcon etc??

The way Ive designed the plenum is so that the front "funnel" like peice can be changed very easily without distorting the volume of the plenum too much, therefore retaining the design specs Im looking for.
I did this because of the various TB's people asked about :D

Anyway, Ive just done a sucessful test on a peice of 50.8mm extruded aluminium with a 1.9mm wall thickness. It went on like butter!!! I could have used a bit of oil to prevent it picking up but it went fine. The next test is to find a thicker peice of extruded aluminium. Heres a couple of pics of it.

Im also gonna ring around a few places and ask for specs on intercooler tube. Theoretically that is measeured by an internal diameter and is able to withstand a lot of boost!
Fingers crossed
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Just for anyone who may have the same idea about intercooler pipe being measured in by the internal diameter, dont bother, its outside :cry:
Cordzboy
I like starions

Post by Cordzboy »

Any reason you need it thicker? Anyone half decent with a TIG should be capable of welding 1.9mm ali. We've made fuel tank baffles out of 1mm ali and welded it without problems.
Cordia, powered by EVO...
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

The only reason for wanting thicker wall is so that it will give a nicer (possibly easier, im not 100% sure as im not the one welding it) weld when fixing it to the thicker (6 or 8mm) manifold flange.

I have had a couple of peices welded in this size before, and even tried my hand at it. Mine didnt turn out at all :D much different from stainless!!
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

just got a prototype trumpet back from the welder. Turned out very well!!!
I gave it a quick linish and a die grind plus sand, and they toyed around with different finishing forms. Bead blasting turned out great, and polished also looked good.

Any comments on which one looks better??

FYI, the internal surface has just been roughed in this photo. Have got a finer polishing wheel for finishing :)

Im very happy with the finished product so far
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Beadblasting is better for flow, it has boundary air flow, please send my 2 units Beadblasted, with the extra injecter monts as previous post..... want money yet? :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Not yet its all going sweet tho!

I think i will run with the bead blasted finish as its a lot easier to acheive , especially with more welding to be done after that point on the top and bottom.

Ive just got to source a vr4 injector and fuel rail setup to sort out the brackets on the manifold, and machine up some injector bosses for a mock up version.
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Things that go BUMPin the night!!!! How we going? :beer :beer

turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Pretty Good. It took a LONG time to make all of the moulded funnel peices! But ive got them back from being welded up and are just cleaning them up. After that, Its welding the flange on and getting a finshed design cut for the Airbox.

And for you StarionVR4, the extra methanol injector and fuel rail setup placement still needs to be sorted out. I think that will be done once the finished product is done and bolted up to the test head, so I can set it up without interfering with the original injector setup. Then its back to the welder :D

I has been a very time consuming process I can asure you!
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Yea I know it can be, but good to C yr hanging in there with this project, most people give up 2 easy. any idea on price yet? :beer

turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

nah no price yet. will tally it all up at the end and split it.

Haha, I cant give up now! I need one too you know!
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Any more pics?:wtf:
:beer :beer

igottasicjb
I like starions more

Post by igottasicjb »

i'm not trying to steal your buyers but these manifolds are already being made up in qld by A.R.E cooling. they are for vr4 and evo 1,2,3 but richard can swing the plenum around to suit rwd. they are $1298

visit www.are.com.au this may also give turbo-onion some ideas
boost = the replacement for displacement
<<<PIGS can fly
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

$1300

god what a bargain. :P
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

1300 bucks.. well in that case what's wrong with the ones made by Beyond The Limit Motorsport?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol