EOI Custom intake manifold

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Any progress? :D

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

getting quote from laser cutting company for cutting, folding and welding. that was last thursday, and still waiting for reply. will ring them tomorrow. alls going well, the design changed a bit when i discussed with manufacturing guys, but hopefully for the better.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i priced the hypertune intake manifold from hioctaneracing.com.au and its meant for evo6 onwards, and yes is ridiculously expensive, just under $1800....

so yes i'd say what u are doing mr onion will be much appreciated! i am definitely goin twin cam on my JB so i'll be beating your door down for at least one, probably a few if the price is nice!

cheers mate let us know how u go!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
ROCKETMAN
Big Dorifto

Post by ROCKETMAN »

Meek has these for twin cam big port only :cry:

can also be reversed to suit rwd.[/img]
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

How much does MEEK want for their intake manifold?
1985 JB Starion #157
ROCKETMAN
Big Dorifto

Post by ROCKETMAN »

$1,400 something excluding throttle body
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

thats the hypertune one i was quoted on, but $1400 is a bit cheaper than $1750.. actually i might try hypertune direct as i just realised a mate knows em
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
grumbly
Strut Braces

Post by grumbly »

wouldn't mind just the runners for mine, can make a plenum under $200 for myself :D
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

wow that is very shiny!! Grumbly, Was that directed at me or are you trying to get the hypertune ones? I have a former cut for the standard shape manifold ports on the VR4 head.

I rang laser cutting comp, still havnt got quote ?!?! frustrating! I am trying for you StarionVR4
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

We still trying ? :wtf:

turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

sure are! just finalizing design for manufacturing process
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Just hit a few snags today. I machined up a peice of aluminium to simulate avaliable material because I cannot find a 50mm ID pipe with a 2 or 3 mm wall thickness!!! Now i dont know if the properties remain the similar to that of extruded tube, but this is what happened when I machined up a test peice of aluminium from a solid bar, and pressed it over a former i made for the trumpet end that connects to the plenum...

It didnt quite make it to the trumpet part. I used oil to stop it picking up on the mould but obviously it didnt help. I may try adding heat to help it stretch that much, but only if a thinner wall thickness doesnt work

Ive also got a few pictures of the prototypes of the circle to rectangular thingee that matches the port on the VR4 head.

Dont blame me for the welding, the thin wall thickness is (apparently) to blame, but i didnt weld it. Thicker wall thickness and a more experinced welder may help but it will be better on the production versions. I need to test also this mould on a thicker wall thickness, but as no aluminium retailers will give me a peice to test, it may mean that I have to buy and hope that it works!!

Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Ok, free machining bar which is what U used, isn't maulable to press over a former, best way is to machine is to a loose fit, heat in oven to 400-560deg then lube up former & press while still hot, A better way is to roll form the trumpets, then heat & press onto former...... hope this helps :beer

turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Ah ha, thats what they called it free machining bar. I can be sure that im not using that in the final production because a piece 150mm long cost me $20 and that was with a discount. The main goal from that machining was to test it to see if it would work on that former.

Ill try again and let you know how i get on.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey mate good bloody luck with it cant wait to see one :)

just wondering which tb these were designed to be used with...?

or they'll be large enough for use with vn commo, xf falcon etc??
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210