right hand drive

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
eck_007
[P] Plates

right hand drive

Post by eck_007 »

id like to convert my left hand drive quest to a right hand drive. :D i was wonderin if any one has the parts for sale that i could do this with. like the dash and any other parts i need. thanx :beer
mpi t3t4 blah,blah,blah
BandY
Newcomer

Post by BandY »

Join the club, mate. I've been longing for an RH drive for quite some time. Don't forget, the wipers also are reversed. What we need to do is have someone over there (Australia) sell us whole cars, then have them shipped to us in pieces or sections. Sure, it'd be money, but what else is money good for?
HOW can I import me a RIGHT hand drive Starion?
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yeah shipping would be huge on the parts individually as things like the dash etc are so long, u would probably be better off importing a front cut or a whole car! bringing a whole car from the states to here costs us about 3 grand australian, u would have to ask an importer over there to see what it would be to get one of ours over to u..

if u can find a way to get them shipped, i could supply the car/half cut/parts u need to the docks easy. but its not worth my while running around over here trying to arrange it for u. if u get it all sorted, pm me and we'll talk turkey!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

TELL YOU WHAT IF YOU SHIP A WIIDE BODY FROM THE STATES TO MELLBOURNE I WILL SHIP A FULL WORKING NARROWBODY NO RUST RHD AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT ILL EVEN SEND AN INFLATED BLOW UP DOLL IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOU COMPANY ON ALL THOSE FUN TIMES YOU COULD HAVE IN A STARION

BIG MOZ :pimp

sorry just realized caps was on
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
BandY
Newcomer

Post by BandY »

Thanx for those replies! It does tell me more of what I've wondered for a while. Are there many RHD wides over there? I have two 86s, and an 86 wide, RHD would be nothing but excellent. Even if it was without motor and tranny. The only interior it needs dash and console. The front air dam could be scrap, too. I just want a rust free, RHD, widebody shell, I guess. Doesn't even need to have a scoop hood. What now??? :wink:
eck_007
[P] Plates

Post by eck_007 »

ill do some price checkin and let ya know thanx
mpi t3t4 blah,blah,blah
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

BandY wrote:Are there many RHD wides over there?
Yes, it's all we got.
BandY wrote: I just want a rust free, RHD, widebody shell, I guess.
That could be a bit hard as they never sold widebodies here.

Buy one from Japan? Or Europe?
eck_007
[P] Plates

Post by eck_007 »

i jus want to make mine rhd. what all do i have to actualy have to change? i cant afford to get a front cut right now.
mpi t3t4 blah,blah,blah
starion4me
I've been here before

steeering conversion

Post by starion4me »

check out my website mate as i converted my LHD widebody to RHD

thanks

Jas
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
BandY
Newcomer

Re: steeering conversion

Post by BandY »

starion4me wrote:check out my website mate as i converted my LHD widebody to RHD

thanks

Jas
I'm just curious why you didn't leave it left hand drive, since you obviously like things to be unique (as do I). Is LHD legal over there? What did you do about the windshield wipers? Are they still swinging the "wrong" way for a RHD car?

I enjoyed your site. Nice videos and pictures! Your conversion details make it look so easy! So, all I need are those parts that have to come from a RHD car. Any idea what it would cost to get those parts and have them shipped over here?? Ballpark figure, I mean. Is anyone reading this that can step up and get interested in such a swap? I could even send the same parts over there, to make a RHD into a LHD.
starion4me
I've been here before

Re: steeering conversion

Post by starion4me »

BandY wrote:
starion4me wrote:check out my website mate as i converted my LHD widebody to RHD

thanks

Jas
I'm just curious why you didn't leave it left hand drive, since you obviously like things to be unique (as do I). Is LHD legal over there? What did you do about the windshield wipers? Are they still swinging the "wrong" way for a RHD car?

I enjoyed your site. Nice videos and pictures! Your conversion details make it look so easy! So, all I need are those parts that have to come from a RHD car. Any idea what it would cost to get those parts and have them shipped over here?? Ballpark figure, I mean. Is anyone reading this that can step up and get interested in such a swap? I could even send the same parts over there, to make a RHD into a LHD.
mate LHD drive is only legal here if the car is over 30 years old. Younger than that and you have to convert it if you want to drive on the roads.

I changed the location of the wipers as well so i had the correct sweep for the driver.

theres a few dudes here that have a few wrecks. i don't sorry mate. freight would be very expensive mate. the dash alone would be around 200us to freight.
Chrysler Conquest (SOLD)
270.6 Kw (362 HP) @ the wheels
BandY
Newcomer

Post by BandY »

Once I sell my truck, I won't be afraid to spend a few grand to make this happen. My truck isn't worth a heck of a lot, but it should be at least enough to cover everything I need, including freight. Thanks for all of your input, starion4me! I am on a mission! :wink:
eck_007
[P] Plates

Post by eck_007 »

yea, i can deal with the 200usd to ship it up here......it would be well worth it to me. :beer
mpi t3t4 blah,blah,blah