Double Coil Over Spring set-up AVAILABLE *UpDated PHOTO*

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

These are still available guys.
BOTH 2.5 in and 2.75in ID Springs
Cheers :beer

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

arse. i bought some from e-bay last month :x
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

hey oscar how is it?

my local suspension guy gave me a price of $2500 installed for height and damper adj. koni coil overs custom made to fit the staz...

once i buy your kit, then shocks, are they ready to bolt in? and how much am i roughly going to save??

cheers,

mick
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Ok, so what strut diameter are the sleeves to suit? Approximate shock stroke length?
I'm planning to do my skyline's front struts soon, most people use a 51mm (2") ID sleeve, and AE92 Toyota short stroke shocks (not sure of stroke, about 165mm I think).
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

scum wrote:arse. i bought some from e-bay last month :x
Scum..., which ones? Some from Evil-Bay are just too soft a spring rate and use longer springs and will not allow the car to be dropped but only 1" at MAX. Let me know which ones and I'll confirm for you.

Cheers.
Mick wrote: hey oscar how is it?

my local suspension guy gave me a price of $2500 installed for height and damper adj. koni coil overs custom made to fit the staz...

once i buy your kit, then shocks, are they ready to bolt in? and how much am i roughly going to save??

cheers,

mick
G'day Mick
Well fist of all your price is soo high due to the KONI's. Koni's are EXPENSIVE shocks here stateside are abouts USD$210.00/AUD$290.00ea. Second I am sure your suspenssion guy will be CUSTOM making these for you and "CUSTOM" means MORE Money in their pocket !

Now for your question....
If you are planing on going with adjustable shocks then you may need some machine work on the rears as they are sealed units and no one makes adjustables for the Staz to be direct fitment. Here Stateside we use the REAR SHP shocks that cam be made to fit an insert shock like the fronts. making fitment easier. We use the 2nd Gen MR2 REAR inserts. I heard that you guys can use the Scorpion inserts.

If you are planing or wont mind staying with standard NON-Adjustable shocks then the price WILL definatelly be lower.

And YES, a set of coil overs from me (Or anywere else that can make them for the Staz) a set of shocks and you are good to go, and they WILL just bolt in. You will need MINOR triming of the lower original spring seat to take advantage of the max loweing. See how much lower you can go if you cut the original spring seat. (see pic bellow)

Image Image

So basically you will be modifying your ORIGINAL Struts that are made for the Satz. So Add the Coil overs you have in mind plus the shocks you will be using (Adjustables or conventional) and you get your price. I can provide a price for the COMPLETE KIT for you if you wich (Coils and shocks) but dont kow if you want to get the shocks locally to save on shipping costs.

But I am sure you will save this aprox amounts bellow if you get the bits from me based on your AUD$2500 estimate from your suspenssion pro:
Aprox. AUD$700.00+ if you go with the Adj.Koni Set up
Aprox. AUD$900.00+ if you go with the Adj KYB Set up
Aprox. AUD$1100.00+ if you go with the Non-Adj KYB Set up

The above numbers are calculating ALL parts (Coil Overs and Shocks) from ME INCLUDING Surface Shipping to your door, is that enough of a savings for ya ? Just add installation costs.

ANY other questions just ask or post.
Cheers
Oscar
7th_skyline wrote:
Ok, so what strut diameter are the sleeves to suit? Approximate shock stroke length?
I'm planning to do my skyline's front struts soon, most people use a 51mm (2") ID sleeve, and AE92 Toyota short stroke shocks (not sure of stroke, about 165mm I think).
Mate these are avaibale in 2.5" and 2.75" ID Sleeves ONLY. The 2.5" in ID KIT also comes with rubber inserts to be bale to use on smaller OD Shock Struts. Now I am not sure if there's one rubber insert that will work with the 2" struts. (see Pic bellow of before and after)

BEFORE..................................................................................................AFTER
Image Image

Hope this helps answer your questions. Any more just ask. :beer
Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Ahh ok, I thought you were referring to spring ID not strut body ID. In which case looks like I'm stuck with Koni or AFCO sleeve kits.
Thanks anyway.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Mate...

I AM reffering to Sleeve ID wich is the same as the Strut OD. The springs are actualy a HAIR bigger but they are sold/marketed as either 2.5" or 2.75" springs.

The SLEEVES I can provide are either 2.75" or 2.5" ID wich will fit over the Strut housing with 2.50" OD or bigger.

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
7th_skyline
[P] Plates

Post by 7th_skyline »

Yep, got that, I need 51mm unfortunately.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Oscar-the-Grouch wrote:
scum wrote:arse. i bought some from e-bay last month :x
Scum..., which ones? Some from Evil-Bay are just too soft a spring rate and use longer springs and will not allow the car to be dropped but only 1" at MAX. Let me know which ones and I'll confirm for you.

Cheers.
www.cosmoracing.com

COSMO Racing Adjustable Coil Over Kit
BILLET 6061 ALUMINUM SLEEVES, HATS & SPRING SEATS
These are high quality coil overs that NOT TO BE COMPARED WITH THE LOW COST COIL OVERS WITH INSECURE SLEEVES & RUBBER DAMPER HATS in the market

Warranty void if stupid.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Yeup, these have the propper spring rates.
Just looking out for you mate.

Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Oscar-the-Grouch wrote:Yeup, these have the propper spring rates.
Just looking out for you mate.

Oscar

Contrary to belief yanks covered in smelly green dreadlocks that live in garbage cans arnt that bad….. cheers dude :D

Warranty void if stupid.
starion4me
I've been here before

question for scum

Post by starion4me »

question for scum - dude $175 seems to be a good price for the cosmo ones. how much did they charge you for freight?
let us know how you get on as well
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Subtotal: C $174.60
Shipping and handling via Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping: C $144.50
Shipping insurance (included): --
Seller discounts (-) or charges (+):
C $0.00

Total: C $319.10

:x :wtf: :x :wtf: :x :wtf:

Warranty void if stupid.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Just bringing it to the top before it gets buried again.

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
jeff
I've been here before

Post by jeff »

hey Oscar and everyone else you dont need those rubber things to go between the threaded collar and stock housing. you can dobetter and put 3 allen head set screws right up top and on the bottom. much more secure.

Oscar are these Art's coilovers?