Coilover interests

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

I'm the one working with d2 and I already pressured them, and they told me to send the struts over, but they were 90% sure they can make a kit. Took me a long time to get d2 to actually ask for some stock struts I constantly called them :)

I need a minimum of 10 orders, but that shouldnt be a problem. I just need to follow up and send the shit out. First I need to find a box big enough...
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Woody, l am interested in these, but am not ready to get them yet.

Any of the US guys used the Mk1 kits?
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Just wondering, are these any good????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-COIL ... dZViewItem
I put a set of these on my friends car, with some good rear shp struts set to 8 and stock front struts. I'm assuming it was the struts more than the coilovers that made it handle good. the car did handle better. I'd say there were some things aboutt he kit that I liked a lot better than artinist kit. The spriongs are still too soft for what I want to do with my cars though.

I believe they are 8kg front and 6kg rear? Good for road. I launched my head into the roof of my car many times with arts kit, and they are the same rates.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
starion4me
I've been here before

coil overs

Post by starion4me »

spoke with trevor at Just Jap http://www.justjap.com/ and they are prepared to make new coil overs complete if we give them sample suspension. like hot bits they require the front stubs.
$1400
24 way adjustable rebound, damper and height
any choice of spring rate.

im going to get mine done late october.

Hope this helps

Jas
DANMAN
*** Half Century Post ***

Post by DANMAN »

I have heard a lot of bad things about the D2's from various sources.
What other vehicles use the same suspension as the starions if any?
I can get hold of Teins or HKS if anyone is interested.
Daily Driver: S13 Silvia - 245 RWKW's (328 RWHP) @ 17PSI. 22PSI Coming soon!
Then I have my fast car.... A Turbo-charged Lotus seven Clubman!!!
Cheap turbo and performance parts @
www.teambooyar.com.au / www.wcr.net.au
starion4me
I've been here before

coilovers

Post by starion4me »

just jap coilovers im talking about are not the d2's there called g4's. now i have no idea if they are d2'd rebadged but the g4's are local copies of jap suspension.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

G'day all

Guys these Mookee one on Evil-Bay as I like to call it they are NOT good ! The Spring rates are wayyy too soft and the springs trhemselfs are too short for the Starion.

We here Stateside have done our homework and these ARE NOT the ones for us. You are better off with ones offered by another company that offers Eibach springs in ANY RATE from 150lbs to ober 1500lbs and from 4in springs to over 16in springs.

Their KIT is basically the threaded sleeve, spring and spanner wrench. These are more expensive than the alternative that we some use here (SEE LINK BELLOW) These have fewer spring rates BUT have the propper 7in spring for the starion AND also offer a helper flat spring to eliminate most of the "Clunking" associated with Coil overs.

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... light=coil

Just FYI.
Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage