Parts for sale, MPI set up plus more.

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Shannon
Dorifto!

Parts for sale, MPI set up plus more.

Post by Shannon »

MPI set up - SOLD. Includes EMS hand controller, EMS ignition module and EMS wiring harness all set up for this manifold .EMS is tuned for this set up. Also come with 304 stainless pipes to suit this cooler (not pictured). Everything you need for a MPI conversion.

Top mount intercooler $400 ono. Custom made for JA TBI. fit the oval inlet. will supply the inlet manifold and rocker cover for free. both have been modified to accommodate the top mount IC. will also supply water cooling core. Air temp sits between 21deg(winter, freeway in Syd) and 40deg(summer, traffic in syd).

Turbo & manifold $500 ono. T25 has been hiflowed not sure about the specs. I used this with the topmount and it ran great. makes 1bar at about 2200rpm (with boost controller). no cracks or repairs in manifold.

JD FMIC (rubber)pipes $80 ono. - SOLD

Anybody interested can PM me of give me a call. I'm located on the central coast and work in Sydney. We can work something out for interstate purchases if need be.

Thanks,

Shannon.
ph - 0412610860
Last edited by Shannon on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Hey there, have you got your JD Starion VIN No: put in the Australian Starion Registry yet ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Shannon
Dorifto!

parts

Post by Shannon »

i wish i had a JD. i just sold my JA.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Some interesting stuff there.
Shannon
Dorifto!

parts

Post by Shannon »

anybody interested or have any questions ?
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

ems? havent had much to do with them..are they lappie tuned? Fuel and Ign?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

ems stingers are good flav, this setup isnt really utlising the ign side of thing as well as it could from the look of things through (dizzy appears to have a vac advance meaning it is more than likely not an optical dizzy and its probably running single coil)
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

explain yourself shannon.....!
Shannon
Dorifto!

ems

Post by Shannon »

Hi guys,

The EMS is a dual sport. This ECU does fuel and ignition. I had a single coil set up with the EMS ignition module running the STD Starion distributor.

The internals of the distributor have been stripped and the centre has been locked. The vacuum/mechanical advance unit is not used; The EMS takes care of the ignition curve.

I have set up a few EMS computers with simular ignition set ups.

However in saying this, there would be significant gains to be had by going to an optical or multi coil set up; which this EMS computer will run.

I have all the EMS documentation for this computer. This computer will support almost any config of fuel and ignition you could possible want for a Starion.

This computer can be tuned and configured by laptop, it has a nine pin serial plug interface. It will also be sold with the hand control for tuning on the fly or simply looking good in the console. This computer can hold 2 sperate maps for fuel and ignition, eg. Power or Economy which can be switched on the fly. It can controller boost and has a built in turbo timer, plus security PIN and fuel cut.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Is this unit similar to the microtec?
Shannon
Dorifto!

Post by Shannon »

I believe better!

I know people who have had both and I have been told they prefer EMS for the tunability and functionality of the software onboard and laptop. EMS has more options for the config in your car.

EMS will do everything the you could want it to do on a Starion with 8V or 16V head. The Stinger mentioned above) and the EMS 8890 will data log and run more auxiliaries than the one I have for sale. However the one I have will suit most people looking for after market fuel/ign computer.

I had never set up an EFI system before I bought EMS. I followed the manual and spoke to the guys at EMS and a mate and I had it wired in and running in about 2 days. Not running well, but running. A quick street tune with a wide band O2 sensor and air fuel gauge and I could drive it on the street.

The best bit is I have had this computer dyno tuned for the 550cc injectors in this manifold and running a std JA turbo with this pipe work and intercooler.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Any other thoughts from people?
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

EMS is generally considered to be one of the good ecus around. Not sure about this particular model, but a few people on the forums here run ems stingers (TOMSUN for one) and they seem to go ok. From the features that the ems has it looks like it is on par with (maybe a little bit below) a new haltech e6x...with the top of the range haltechs being better again.

For my 2c, for the price you can't really beat this setup, 2k for a complete working mpi setup? That's a steal. Costing me WAY more than that to do mine and I don't even have a forward facing TB. My question is WHY DO ALL YOU B@STARD SELL UP WHEN IM FINISHING AND NOT WHEN I WAS STARTING!!! lol
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

http://www.enginemanagementsystem.com/software.htm
you can download and test the Latest Dualsport Download Version 2.0

Note: I'm running the EMS 8860, the next model up from the EMS Stinger which are both currently sold. The EMS Dualsport was prior to these two models.
1985 JB Starion #157
Shannon
Dorifto!

parts

Post by Shannon »

come on guys, someone must need this stuff.