[Melb] [FS] JB Starion, MPI setup, LTX8 for sale [$sold]

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Project2501
I like starions more

[Melb] [FS] JB Starion, MPI setup, LTX8 for sale [$sold]

Post by Project2501 »

Hey guys,

Up for grabs is my 1985 JB Starion, white with burgundy interior.

The car is out of rego and is an uncompleted project. The buyer will get a good deal of parts that they can use to convert their Starion to MPI, and a good shell to part out. The package includes:

Engine Bay
* Hyundai Sonata MPI manifold, throttle body modified to face forward (Magna TB, TPS).
* 4 x Galant VR4 Injectors (550cc from memory? Green type, flowed and balanced before fitment).
* Microtech LTX-8 Ecu with 4 individual coil packs (sequential ignition) and 4 line hand controller. This was installed by Kendon Electronics and tuned by MazTech in Melbourne.
* Sonata optical dizzy.
* TC05/12A Turbo. Not sure why it has the 05 but it does. Manifold is in great nick, no cracks.
* Large FMIC, i'll measure it up soon but it is wide and tall. I had to trim a bit off the front bumper support to squeeze it in with the current tanks. 3" Mandrel pipes all the way from turbo to TB.
* 4G63 Starion block, reconditioned by RPM Engines some 5,000Ks ago
* Bosch plumb back BOV
* K&N Air filter (cylinder shape)
* Al's big front strut brace

* 1 free 4G63 long block with tired rings as a bonus.

Body
* White paint, 90% condition, no rust whatsoever. All stickers accounted for and in good nick.
* JA front bar
* Black, and i mean BLACK tints.
* Stock JB wheels
* Some fade on the rear hatch metal trims (either side of hatch, attached to the body) but the hatch itself is top notch. Note that wiper does not work, and had not worked since i bought it but thats no real drama.
* Left rear JB tail light functioning but has a crack in the outer clear case.
* Right rear JB tail light functioning and in top notch condition (looks new).
* Rubber wing in place.
* Aerial fell out (it was the stumpy rubber ones) and the hole has been covered skilfully by good quality gaffa tape to keep moisture out.
* No leaks whatsoever, door, glass seals are fine.

Interior
* VGC Burgundy interior. Passenger seat and rear seats impeccable. Front drivers has minor wear and tear.
* Dash, console are fine, new faceplacte for 1DIN stereo, a removable plastic plate to house the manual thermo fan switch and turbo timer controls (turbo timer is located behind the panel, the controls poke through the panel - Microtech brand).
* Odo reads 2xx,xxx kms.
* All switch panels work.
* Alarm fitted (Flashpoint)
* Panasonic CD player, (oldish, 45wx4) and 2 front 4" speakers (I laughed when i saw the size of these things, but thats what fitted without mods) and two no-name 6x9s in the back parcel tray, which was knocked up out of MDF and painted burgundy (yes, lazy, sue me).
* Boost guage. Always ran at 7psi, no boost taps were ever installed.

The problems
* Dash lights do not work (the dash console does not switch on when lights are on)
* Car has not been started in a while. I keep putting other things ahead of it priority wise, and now it has to go since I have to finish up my uni and concentrate on establishing a career - no more toy cars :(
* Paint cracks on the front bumper, but otherwise the bumper is perfect for respraying.
* Some parts are not fitted, the intercooler was taken off for cleaning but not refitted, as is the front centre beaver panel (between headlights) and the radiator (also for cleaning).
* Clutch needs bleeding, new slave cylinder was picked up from Flav not too long ago (hasn't even been used, just installed) and the master cylinder was rebuilt by Derby's Brake and Clutch around the corner from my place.
* Turbo was a bit whiny but otherwise holds boost.
* One slight ding on the front left guard (which has a small bit of rust on the bottom near the passenger's door, not much at all - I just remembered this).

$2,500 for the lot

This thing owes me a ridiculous amount of money, but I have to cut my losses.

It is a complete MPI setup that can be retrofitted to your own Starion and it will run as soon as you wire up the LTX-8. I am selling due to the fact that I have to sadly move on.

I am negotiable but please do not offer peanuts unless you want a chimpanzee.

If there is enough interest in individual parts then I will part out. Please post the parts you may be interested in this thread.

Pics will be up soon...

Thomas.

0433 233 657

thomas.m.tran [at] gmail.com
Last edited by Project2501 on Wed May 10, 2006 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
..More than meets the eye..
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Send Big Moz an email.....he might like this one.
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

pm sent

big moz
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Spotters Fee.........1 X PIZZA. :D
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

PM replied and bump.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

This car is danger..........there are BIG spiders living in there!!!! One nearly chewed my arm off! Add fumigation or bomb squad costs to the price!

but still nice car....
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

This still for sale? Enthused was nice enough to drop in on Friday and tell me you were not selling it anymore?
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Flav, it still seems a reluctant sale. I agree with you about the body shell - too much cancer to consider a restoration, especially the firewall. And now my friend, it's all yours.

I visited Thomas on Sat (in the area), was getting dark and couldn't see clearly, then made special visit yesterday with the plans to take it away there and then should we be able to agree. I did a comp test and it's okay, wouldn't start tho.

I offered him a decent cash payment of $1k with the balance via an internet transfer and take the car there and then. He thought I was somehow going to dud him on the sale (or it was an excuse 2 not sell) and he wasn't going to release the car until the money has cleared, meaning another special trip, most likely an evening during the week, meaning towing in the dark - Nup! I told him that net banking doesn't work like a chq and that I couldn't stop the transaction going through even if I wanted to. I bought Miles' car the same way and as you know he was right as rain.

He's lost the sale to me because firstly I offered him more than I was planning to pay and then due to major deliberation (it was a sale and then it wasn't, then got on the phone, also talking with his gf, he even put me on the phone to Bimoz to work some sort of deal out with him. Morris was going to call you, more mucking around...etc, etc) So while he was stuffing around and darkness was not that far away, I called off the deal from my end. I thought it wasn't worth it, given my interest in the car for the engine was less - I did another comp test on my engine on Sat and it was actually much better than I thought. Turns out previous valve clearances were all over the shop, I'd set them to 7 and 11 when cold.

There was no way I was going to go back again during the week - 2 visits already and with my trusty towing companion with me yesterday I wasn't going to make a third. And Bigmoz, no interest in the donk, don't need it. Thanks.

Thanks for your time Thomas and good luck with the sale.
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Ye, i noticed some missed calls from Moz. Did he buy it? You said it was off the market? Back on again huh?
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

He was telling me he's buying it with you.

Don't you want it either?
How?
shiftlockmotorsport2
Big Dorifto

Post by shiftlockmotorsport2 »

is this car still for sale??
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

eat my anal juice if i need permission to edit....I have no Interest except for the pre purchase inspection I gave. Contact Moz for any more info. If he has bought the vehicle then it will end up here for resto work. Thats probably what he meant as he is entering autosalon next show here in Melb. and has a rather large budget for it.
Last edited by flav on Wed May 10, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

flav wrote:Sounds like some dodgy scamming going on...I have no Interest except for the pre purchase inspection I gave. Contact Moz for any more info. If he has bought the vehicle then it will end up here for resto work. Thats probably what he meant as he is entering autosalon next show here in Melb. and has a rather large budget for it.
Where's the scamming?
You better get things straightened out with Moz then as he's reckons he's going halvies with you!
How?
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I have no interest in this vehicle unless it ends up here for work.
Last edited by flav on Fri May 12, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project2501
I like starions more

Post by Project2501 »

Frank (enthuzed), thank you for the drama update. However, I'd appreciate if you kept your thoughts, opinions, musings and brain farts to yourself next time, it is of little relevance to anyone here. The main reason you lost the purchase was because of 1) your attitude, 2) your stand-over tactics, 3) your unreasonableness and 4) your stubbornness. The car might have been yours, and I would have accepted a netbank transfer, if you didn't come across to me as such a dodgy person. I couldn't be sure about someone netbanking me over $1,000 when they obviously can't afford to brush their own teeth. Truth be known I removed the Microtech from the car after you left, just in case.

In any event, there was no collusion or scamming going on, and for all those genuinely interested, the car is unfortunately now sold

Bye my Project2501...

:cry: