Group Buy Intercooler spraybar kits

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

Nitros isn't combustable, it's an accelerant. It just puts more oxygen into the mix. This makes anything burning burn much quicker. The atmosphere it about 10 to 20 percent oxygen i think. Nitros is N^2O which means 2 nitrogen and 1 oxygen atom. Giving alot more oxygen percentage than air and therefore a higher oxygen fuel ratio.
Last edited by woops on Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

any idea when the group buy will go ahead? I'll be back on land in about 2 1/2 weeks.
---------
TVR T350C
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

woops is correct, Nitrous oxide is not flammable, though some people belive it is a super flammable mix, and that is why it increases power.

Nitrous Oxide works by adding extra air into the fuel mix, the oxygen burns fuel more efficiently while the nitrogen has a cooling effect within the cylinder (prevents detonation) cooling the incoming air charge and dispersing the extra heat caused by the extra air increasing the cumbustion process.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

NOS is actually a (toxic) Laughing Gas LOL LOL rofl rofl LOL LOL

But your right, thats why it doesn't do much for a turbo car
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Its Nitrogen and oxygen.
It needs a flame to do anything, but it will not ignite by spark at all.
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

spot on everyone apart from woody ... nitrous works best on a forced induction engine because you dont have to worry about port sizes as much since the air is rammed in anyway. Nitrous is gold on a turbo car ... my darlin went great with 75 in it.

so how many people are definately in ??? i would like to get it going asap.
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

tmz_99 wrote:any idea when the group buy will go ahead? I'll be back on land in about 2 1/2 weeks.
I can extend it into next month for you provided i get deposits. Payment wise we can do COD(prepare to get drilled for freight) direct deposit, money order, cheque(will have to wait til it clears) credit card. local pickup welcome.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Nitrous oxide actually decreases the spool time of the turbo due to the extra emissions, hence low down power to get turbo moving.
It can also be run through a turbo and intercooler to cool the incoming air charge. lots of creative ways to use nitrous out there.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

INP51 wrote:
tmz_99 wrote:any idea when the group buy will go ahead? I'll be back on land in about 2 1/2 weeks.
I can extend it into next month for you provided i get deposits. Payment wise we can do COD(prepare to get drilled for freight) direct deposit, money order, cheque(will have to wait til it clears) credit card. local pickup welcome.
yeah, I forgot about freight :P let us know what it costs to get to WA.
---------
TVR T350C
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Well sorry if I was wrong, but I have read numberous articles that you get more power increase from a NA car as apposed to a Forced Induction car.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Starion_Turbo wrote:Nitrous oxide actually decreases the spool time of the turbo due to the extra emissions, hence low down power to get turbo moving.
It can also be run through a turbo and intercooler to cool the incoming air charge. lots of creative ways to use nitrous out there.
I remember reading that some larger turbo cars use nitrous to help spool the turbo.
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Well sorry if I was wrong, but I have read numberous articles that you get more power increase from a NA car as apposed to a Forced Induction car.
you can make just as much horsepower from an aspirated engine as a forced induction engine with nitrous its just with a big hit (200+) head/cam combo is alot easier with a forced induction engine.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I have a pump if anyone wants refills down here.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

JD_Stazza_Brendan wrote:
Starion_Turbo wrote:Nitrous oxide actually decreases the spool time of the turbo due to the extra emissions, hence low down power to get turbo moving.
I remember reading that some larger turbo cars use nitrous to help spool the turbo.
Decreasing spool time = quicker spool time
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

:D
Last edited by INP51 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.