Group Buy Intercooler spraybar kits

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
INP51
I like starions more

Group Buy Intercooler spraybar kits

Post by INP51 »

Hey guys

As most of you would know now i am the sales manager at Extreme Motorsports in Brisbane and we are the NX distributor for Australia and NZ.

I have had a few enquiries from people on Austarion regarding the NX intercooler spraybar kits.

I have just spoken to my boss about this and he said that if we can get 5 people together we can do the kits for $650 plus freight. using CO2 or N2O to spray over the intercooler, inlet temps are commonly found to be well into the negatives (i have seen -40).

The kits come complete with a 5lb bottle, bottle brackets, solenoid, intercooler ring, lines, wiring, relay and even the zip ties to attach the ring to the cooler everything is there !!!

more info http://www.extrememotorsports.com.au/ntercooler.htm

These retail for $800 plus freight and i can send these to NZ if necessary.

if interested or you have any enquiries please post here or call me monday to sat at work on

07 3630 4377

and the best part ... they are completely street legal in QLD(Qld Transport has passed Cry02 kits provided the bottle is mounted in the boot and vented to atmosphere if it is in a hatchback style car and provided that the bottle is mounted sideways) and we have some of the toughest laws when it comes to nitrous (please check with your local law enforcement for other states).

Thanks guys/girls

Chris
Last edited by INP51 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

normally i would scoff at these things, but coming in to summer and how much power im loosing, it seems like a great option, wouldnt fit my cooler unfortunately.
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

how big is your intercooler ??? the ring doesnt have to cover the whole cooler because at 1000psi ish the nitrous/co2 tends to go all over the shop and covers the whole thing

the ring is 19" x 3.5" so its not massive but its only alloy so you can cut it down and get it rewelded pretty easily if you need it smaller ...
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Minus 40..!!!!
Thats Insane... I wouldnt like to have water injection with that, you would have an ice block machine!
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

got a few questions:

1.) Is it going to be a problem filling the bottle with Co2?
2.) Is there a purge kit avaible for it?
3.) what about additional cooling kits, fuel line cooling, air cooling? (as per that US co2 cooling product)?
---------
TVR T350C
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

interested.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

Question, is it a 3 stage kit? EG cools fuel 1st, then 2nd throttle /plenum, then 3rd discharging onto the intercooler core?

If so i am IN :beer :beer :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

This kit simply has a ring which fits to the intercooler and releases cold co2 onto the intercooler with the press of a button, just like waterspray but with cold gas much colder than water (no wetting or wet track conditions it good fro drag and track).
There would be no fuel or manifold cooling attachments, and none of the gas actually enters the combustion process (this makes it legal).
you can use Nitrous oxide for cooling the intercooler but due to that expense mostly people use co2 much cheaper and still cold.

Now for a question: does it have a WOT activation switch or just a push button?
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

cooler is 200x300, will definately look into this later when all the go fast bits get put on, i can deal with a $150 price difference.

how long does it last spray wise?
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

BAJESUS !!! you leave the forum for 3 days and get all this lol. Ok then as Starion_Turbo said it is just an intercooler spraybar not like those cryo2 things which honestly i have had a few customers with them say that only the intercooler side of it makes any difference. tmz_99, i can do a purge kit for it no troubles at all will be an additional $220 plus any speedflow fittings and lines which will be required to run to the point where the gas actually 'purges,' and no troubles with using CO2 what so ever. N2O is around 11 degrees colder than CO2 (-88 to - 77) which makes a massive difference but CO2 is a shitload cheaper. And once again Starion_Turbo activation is via a master switch followed by either a WOT switch or button(which are both provided), personally i prefer button activation for this kit.
CussCuss, the spray will last around 2 minutes of continuous flow with a 5lb bottle sometimes more it will depend on ambient air temp and bottle pressure but usually pretty close to 2 min which is more than ample.

On a vortech blown GTS monaro my dad has built we have one of these spraybars running it without the gas it made 424kw atw then with the spray it just wheelspun uncontrollably ... very phat indeed. haha
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2674/article.html.
with the car standing still i hit the gas for around 5 seconds and the front bar had ice comming off it thats how efficient these things are with N2O...

Any more questions either post and ill reply asap or email me chris@extrememotorsports.com.au and ill reply instantly during business hrs (as long as im not with a customer)
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

Overall 5lb bottle length is 18" and diameter of 5" and the bottles are white with an NX tag. If you are after the larger 10lb bottle (around 20"x7") the kit will be 800 (rrp $915) this will come with one of the new 45 degree bottle valves.
SIR GSR
Loose Cannon

Post by SIR GSR »

How complex is the installation?
KBS Drift Team
0409 487 321
CussCuss
6pack esky

Post by CussCuss »

what is the approx price and process for refilling with co2 or n2o?
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

SIR GSR the install is an absolute piece of piss i recon an hour or so should do the trick depending how neat u want it and how accessable your intercooler is

CussCuss we charge $9/lb for nitrous which is pretty consistant everywhere and $4/lb for CO2
Proccess is that we start with a G size bottle then throw the 5/10lb bottle in the fridge or freezer then gravity feed from the G size as much as you can (usually 8lb in a 10 and all 5 in the 5lb depending how cold you get it) for the extra that wont gravity feed you will need a nitrous pump station. i can point most people in the right direction of someone in their general area who can fill bottles.
gotrice?
Enthusiast king

Post by gotrice? »

What's the chances of the nitrous/co2 spray igniting?
I know C0 2 is used in fire extinguishers but nitrous is still highly flammable.
I'm Back