group order cp forged pistons!

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!

who's the man?

james
19%
your dad
19%
your mum
13%
your mum's mum
50%

Total votes: 16

DD Phil
Enthusiast

Post by DD Phil »

I'm still deciding on 2 or 2.4lt, if it's 2lt then I'm in.

Stewart Reid of SR Automotive at Kippa Ring did a head/cam for me about 8 years ago that was dynamite.

As for power from stock internals, I made over 190 on Chip Torque's dyno with stock engine, TO3 from am FJ (0.48AR), GTiR intercooler and custom air box housing stock airflow meter.

Boost was set on 9psi, but the small rear meant it crept up to around 13psi at 5500rpm. that set up kept neck and neck with a friend's 14.0sec Starlet. I later put the engine in with the abovementioned head and it was crazy!

My new white JA has stock motor and injection (until next month :)), with the 7psi spring in the wastegate, my friends "JAPJET" EVO 6 on 20psi only justs keeps with me to 180km/hr.

Wether that means mine's quick or his is slow i don't know........

Phil
Purple JA, full cage, 6G72TT, collecting dust
White JA, 19x10s, GT30, Alcons, DMS, Crower 2.4, Hypertune intake, M800.....
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

20psi!
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

I'm ready to buy, but would like them blank without the recesses & the dish either (to mill out a custom design) and with the pin position raised 6mm :wink:

I'm not sure how well CP can accomadate everyones' differing requirements, but the above ^ is for me if at all possible otherwise I'll place a custom order with them or JE or Wiseco..........
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Well CP's are about as good as JE. Considering its the same guys who used to work at JE are now making CP pistons. They also make other brands of pistons as well. Your worried about piston slap i hear you say? Well thats to do with what alloy they are made from (4032 or 2618) and their use. A hard core engine will require more clearance, you dont need me to tell you why. So...at the end of the day your pistons are being made of the same alloy and your just paying more for them.
But dont let me stop you....they are all good. I hope we are considering piston rings in the deal? Are they included? And whats the final price matey?
There are 'Stroker' Pistons avail for us in JE and CP and Wiseco.
(My price is around a grand for single orders with rings, hope you can better this matey)
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

if you recon you can do them for a grand flav then every1 can buy them through you ... my bottom dollar is 1200 individual or $1050 group buy of 7 + (i should be able to get this down to 5) IDENTICAL sets 20thou over
Why drink n drive when u can drift n slide ?
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

Are you going direct?
I have a long standing relationship with these people and JE and Wiseco and so on.
How many sets are wanted here?
Toys, i dont think INP51 was talking about custom stuff. I think its all catalogue orders, but if you want something made up i will order it for you anyway. Just be very specific, same with anyone else.
I would say i can get them cheaper than anyone in the country as we have been dealing with them for 10+ years. This includes a heap of other Hi-Perf. stuff as well.
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

na i was talking custom mate ... and i dont see how you could have been dealing with cp (quantum) for 10 years when they havnt even been open that long ???
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

No, i didnt mean CP (the company) in particular...I meat JE who the heads of are now CP...the same people i have been dealing with for 10 +.

Like i said earlier, the guys working at JE formed their own company, its called CP. But the materials and technology is the same. They have been floating around for a long time, like me... yes, i am feeling old now.

I think that cleard the air a little better.
INP51
I like starions more

Post by INP51 »

ahhh im with ya ... so u can deal direct with cp then ??? hmmm interesting ...
logik
I love starions

Post by logik »

sounds like flav needs to be added as an option to the poll
gordonspec® racing