Want to Buy - JB Turbo intake tube

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Star64
Newcomer

Want to Buy - JB Turbo intake tube

Post by Star64 »

Hi,

The standard air intake tube from the filter box to the turbo on my JB has cracked and split at the connection to the turbo. Has anyone got a spare. Mitsubishi said they could get Japan to make a new one but it could take upto a year to get.

Thanks
Gibbsy
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~gillyfis ... tarion.htm

Check out Al's page in the link above. He has a guide on how to fix it easily and cheaply. I've done it myself and it works a treat
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I don't even have to reply to these anymore..... too easy :wink:
Star64
Newcomer

Thanks

Post by Star64 »

Thanks Al,

I had thought about trying to make the whole pipe from scratch but your instructions on modifying the pipe were excellent.

I could note find a car spares store that had a F100 or any hose 50mm dia. so I contacted a Tractor replacement store and they had the perfect 90 bend. I had the existing pipe cut leaving one rib infront of the tee and then ground the rib back so as to get a good hold for the clamp. I then connected the pipes using a 50mm copper 45 elbow. That ment I didn't need to drill a hole for the tee inlet.

That's again for the great info. One day I may even try and make the strut brace :wink:
Gibbsy
pro gsr
Big Dorifto

turbo hose

Post by pro gsr »

try gettin a turbo hose it's a heat resistant hose an two clamps and slip it over the factory hose. u'll need it to be a little longer and cut the end off the factory hose. Quick fix
mitsubishi starion jd 1985, factory intercooler,
custom stainless intercooler pipe work,to4 compressor wheel,10 psi boost,boost controller, 2 & half inch exhaust with stainless muffler 4 inch tip, 15 inch mags