WTB: Fuel Injectors- JA 1982

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
whitie
[L] Plates

WTB: Fuel Injectors- JA 1982

Post by whitie »

Good morning everyone!

I'm the lucky owner of a 1982 JA Starion and over the past while my fuel injectors have been slowly dieing :(

Anyway, I live in Brisbane and am looking for some replacement fuel injectors. I have heard its better to buy new with these items (though its ok if i heard wrong :) )

What I'd like to know is where I can get some great priced fuel injectors. They don't need to be genuine so any advice on equivalents would be great. Cost is important, so if you have ideas of the cost of the items you recommend that would be great. Any places who have mates rates or even off the back of the truck rates :P would be great also.

Thanks fellow Starion lovers.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

You would only be able to buy genuine injectors for a JA starion. I doubt anyone else would make them. And your looking at about $500 per injector new. Thats $1000 for 2 injectors.. and thats even if Mitsubishi still have any left.

Your best bet might be to try and find some good second hand ones.. perhaps of someone who has converted to MPI. Otherwise you could convert to MPI yourself.

Some people have been looking at getting the old injectors rebuilt.. although I haven't heard much about it for a while.
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

i have a 2nd hand set that was working in my car if interested send me a pm