NEED Hose from turbo to airbox

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Kano
[L] Plates

NEED Hose from turbo to airbox

Post by Kano »

My hose from the turbo to the airbox has split all the way round, been searching wreckers for ages no sign of any. If anyones got one im interested n will make an offer. I WANT MY BOOST BACK!!!!!!!!
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

When i joined here i was after the same thing and too no avail, it's probably going to be easier in the long run to mod your one as is done on one of the stazz sites ( sorry guys i've forgotten who's site it is :oops: ) or go to a exhaust place and get them too make up a new induction tube.
I've just had mine done. :D You can still get the hose brand New from Mitsubishi Australa for about the $300 mark, my custom job cost me less than that and wont break off, whereas a 2nd hand one will do the same again.
best of luck
melbstazz/drew
- el schmicko detailer -
Kano
[L] Plates

Post by Kano »

ive got it duct taped up at the moment so the air flow sensor doesnt freak out cause it wouldnt even idle. $300!!!! for a damn hose that sucks. cheers for your help. im sick of not driftin
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Will one from a Cordia fit?
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Re: NEED Hose from turbo to airbox

Post by TD05 »

Kano wrote:My hose from the turbo to the airbox has split all the way round, been searching wreckers for ages no sign of any. If anyones got one im interested n will make an offer. I WANT MY BOOST BACK!!!!!!!!
check Als site

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~gillyfis ... tarion.htm
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

If you want to be dodgy, I got a Cordia hose and the Starion one and chopped both in half - used the Cordia end at the turbo and the Starion end at the airbox. Duct taped together.. works and doesn't look -too- dodgy. Cost me $0 which was the best part :)

Al's method is better though!
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

sorry Al :oops: i saw your repair job and thought that it was an excellent idea.
We had a GSR cordia in at work the other day and i had a look at the induction tube, looked very similar.
Though you can't go past a polished stainless induction tube. :drool:
Hope it all works out well.
drew
- el schmicko detailer -
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Problem with a solid tube is getting it behind the power steering reservoir. Not much room for two hose clamps and rubber/silicon joiner and being able to do it up properly.
MelbStazz
Enthusiast king

Post by MelbStazz »

my exhaust place is making one up simiar to that of the intercooler piping. utilising the same silicone hoses at the ends. I haven't checked on his progress as he is doing at a back yarder for me.
when i go and have a look i will check the clearances for the power steering. ( though i snapped my power steering bracket and had to get it re-welded, seperate incident)
- el schmicko detailer -
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

Alspos wrote:Problem with a solid tube is getting it behind the power steering reservoir. Not much room for two hose clamps and rubber/silicon joiner and being able to do it up properly.

I remember seeing a pic with the oil reservoir relocated somewhere else in the engine bay, I personally believe it should not be where it is, wouldn't be as easy as mounting it on the sideunder the strut & fitting longer hoses...
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
djmcpromo
Newcomer

I got one !!!!!!!

Post by djmcpromo »

Hey I got one!!!! pipe from airbox to turbo sitting in the cupboard ..almost brand new !!!!!

bought it as a spare

i'm in Adelaide call me too see it ...open to offers...

call me 0422 143 783 anytime day or night ......

ps just a note ...never tighten the hose too tight ..that causes it to split!!