WTB: Gauge cover plastic insert

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
JJH
Enthusiast

WTB: Gauge cover plastic insert

Post by JJH »

Hi,
The bit I'm after is, roughly, outline in red in this pic:

Knowing how brittle these parts are now, I'm not too confident anyone will want to part with one; but no harm in asking :D

I'm after a black one, and if you're outside metro-Melbourne area my postcode is 3140 for shipping purposes.

:beer
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I have never ever seen a non cracked one, not even on a jap import widebody. . I have a couple here that arent too bad though, only cracked where you can't see..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Really? Wow, both my JA and my Widebody have been un-cracked in perfect condition. Maybe I have just gotten lucky.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Really? Wow, both my JA and my Widebody have been un-cracked in perfect condition. Maybe I have just gotten lucky.
Maybe you just havn't pulled them completely apart!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
CaptShiner
Dorifto!

Post by CaptShiner »

I repaired mine. I basically created a mold with some alfoil on the visible side and on the other side hit it with hot glue to fill in cracks and to set some washers in for the screw holes. Just a matter of a little sanding and some vinyl dye paint. Hard pressed to see any cracks
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

I did the same thing with the holes, made some plastic inserts and mounted inside the missing screwholes. As for cracks....reinforce the back and glue, sand and perhaps repaint.