FS: [VIC or interstate] WIDEBODY GSR-VR urgent sale

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
MitsuMadness
I love starions

FS: [VIC or interstate] WIDEBODY GSR-VR urgent sale

Post by MitsuMadness »

Hi people,

This is a VERY reluctant sale, but also quite urgent, so priced well below what it should be.

FIRSTLY - I'm not getting out of Starions - will still be doing circuit / drift ones, and plan on a future Widey build, BUT:

I am putting this up here slightly cheaper first for it to go to a Starion person, before I list it publicly, BUT I do need to move it fast, so won't be here long.

THE STORY: I very sadly need to sell this due to a few changes in situations and projects at home, and funds limitations, needing to finish my shed extension urgently (council issues), and also having to finish my wife's project car!

FOR SALE:
My 1988 GSR-VR Widebody Starion 2.6L (4G54) turbo

DETAILS:
This is a great car, and in good condition.

Here's some info.

GOOD POINTS:

- Recently had a BRAND new head installed (also polished and ported). This was a new head with improved water flow and strength, so no more head cracking / head gasket issues that these engines sometimes have.

- Fully rebuilt the throttle body, new seals, new bolts, etc

- It IS auto currently (4 speed auto - and is actually an awesome tough box) but I will include ALL parts (except gearbox unless you pay a little extra) to do a manual conversion - flywheel, pilot bearing, pedals, clutch master & slave cylinder, etc. I ended up keeping it auto cos it was quite tough and stayed on boost and went hard, plus it was good for driving around in the city. Really nice tight auto actually, but yes, manual conversion is there if you want it. I was about to do it, until realising I needed to make this move.

- Very low Eibach springs on the back, and King springs on the front (have Eibach's for the front too, but they were too low!).

- Brand new KYB GR2 gas front strut inserts recently installed (altho needs a small washer placed under them as there's a tiny amount of clunk/vertical movement, and this is how to stop that).

- Nice custom hard pipe and pod filter WITH all original sensors & pipes in place, so is road legal. All original piping supplied too.

- Much nicer steering wheel

- New turbo with 16G wheel (still running stock boost, so never had damage etc done)

- Comes with a NUMBER of good spares, including bearings, etc, brand new, that I'd stocked up on

- Beautiful SSR wheels that have been sought after (JDSTAZ45 has first option on these wheels if they're ever sold!)

- Will include an MPI magna manifold that could be used if you wanted to go multipoint

- Has a new front windscreen

- 2 almost new rear tyres supplied as well

BAD POINTS:

- Recently got run into the left door, however this is professionally repaired by a panel beater, and also comes with LIFETIME warrantee on that repair since I'm insured with Shannons and that's their arrangement. So you wouldn't know it had had any damage, I just prefer to be straight up and honest on here

- Rear struts are a bit tired
- The slight clunk at the front on big bumps needs those washers placed under the KYB GR2 strut inserts
- Has a bit of the usual timing chain rattle, however I'm including a new timing chain set and tensioner etc. The existing one is fine though, and shouldn't need replacing for ages anyway, I just wanted it in stock in case they ever got hard to find.
- Needs a few little cleanup things for a roadworthy - a couple of bushes etc, but went through a tough Victorian Roadworthy 2 years ago fine.
- Black paint clear coat is flaky in a few places, the bonnet was the worst, however I've put a matte black vinyl wrap on the bonnet now and it looks great!
- The computer under the passenger seat has stopped working, so I have hard wired a windscreen wiper circuit, that actually works well, however it means you have no intermittent wiper setting, and also no dimming for the lights on the dash - they're just always at the one setting, which never really bothered me.
- The front tyres are a bit low on tread

SOME MORE INFO ON THE SALE:

I will be selling it WITH Victorian registration under the right conditions (details to be arranged with the buyer), interstate buyers are welcome, and this can be arranged too. I am NOT selling it with a roadworthy though as I really don't have any time at all to organise it, and that is why I am selling it so cheap, as I am in need of the money quickly. If you're desperately keen but don't have full money instantly, I may accept a good sized deposit, and the rest within a week or two, but that would also need to be discussed with me.

PRICE:

$6500 firm - as you can tell, I need to sell it fairly quickly! I will be listing it for more publicly shortly though if no-one on here jumps on it. So get onto me asap! Hugh - 0413 781 764 (SMS me and I'll call you back is best, or call if you prefer that :) )

ALSO, if it is sold in Victoria, I WILL include the WIDEEY plates. Hmmm I don't believe I'm saying/doing this, but it's gotta happen, so jump on it before I change my mind.

Some photos:

More in next post...
Last edited by MitsuMadness on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<--== When I die, I want to be buried sideways ==-->

1988 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
1984 Starion JA (stripped down for track)
1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

More photos...

1983 Starion JAs x2 and shed of Starion, VR4 and EVO bits for various track projects
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

More...

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

And a last few and engine shots

Last edited by MitsuMadness on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Note that the blow off valve in those last two photos is not fitted anymore as it's not road legal... I have a block of plug in that part, but the BOV is in the glove box if you wanted to put it on.

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

And a couple of shots from the one and only track day I ever took it on - it was actually just a family fun day, but still good fun...

This shows the steering wheel too.

It was really fun on the track, and handled nicely.

bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

Is layby available???
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Could be with a reasonable deposit and we could discuss timeframe yes :) feel free to give me a yell tomorrow if u want...
0413 781 764

NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Sorry to see that you have to sell the widey, Hugh.

Good luck to the lucky buyer of this. I have no doubt it will sell quickly.
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Thanks mate! Yes definitely sad to sell it, have absolutely LOVED it, and the support from everyone :) and do plan on getting another Widebody sometime down the track, even tho I'm sure it wi cost me more!
For now it'll be just the narrow body track cars.

Cheers :)

1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

Good luck mate.

If I had the cash, I would snap it up in a second. Was just talking to MRB1 yesterday about doing a widey track car.

If only I didnt have a bub due in 8 weeks.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Cheers mate! :) yes, I know what you mean :(
And congrats on the baby, that's awesome. Also a pretty good reason not to buy another car right now yeh true.

:beer

MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Some technical photos...

Engine bay after new head and turbo, and with nice BIG pod filter and heat shield.

The Blow Off Valve is now removed and plugged for road legal reasons, and also factory piping is all still supplied.

BRAND NEW HEAD and full cleanup on throttle body etc

NEW turbo with 16G compressor wheel

ANOTHER of the throttle body rebuilt

AND the front king springs, with drilled & slotted rotors too

enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

A beautiful car, fussy owner & ridiculously cheap price! It drives well and the first to see will buy!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
MitsuMadness
I love starions

Post by MitsuMadness »

Thankyou! :) must catch up with ya soon mate! :)