WTS: TC06 and JD intercooler!

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
Bruzman
I like starions

WTS: TC06 and JD intercooler!

Post by Bruzman »

TC06 and Exhaust Manifold:
I have got a TC06 with exhuast manifold off what I believe to be a Cordia! it's factory boost is around 0.7-0.8 bar (11-12psi). JA's TC06 is set at around 7psi. The back flange is different to the JA's stock exhaust and turbo.

Never had an issue with it, but my 3 inch exhaust that I purchased off a JD starion didn't have the same flange as the turbo, so I used my spare hi-flow TC05.

I tried to research the average price of a TC06, but could only find prices from +5 years ago. Anyone with knowledge on the going rate, please feel free to post/pm me with what a reasonable price is!
So, the turbo is up for reasonable offer!

JD intercooler:
I have a genuine JD intercooler. I havn't used it, but might in the future if no-one wants. My problem with the installation wasn't the Intercooler, but the fact that I haven't got the piping required for installation, or the cash to purchase it.

The Core is 42cm's wide, 21cm high and 7cm deep.
The Overall size is 55cm's wide, 32cm's high and 7cm's deep.
Both inlet and outlet is on the same side (Turbo side).

I know that MX5 forums are on the lookout for these. They love the over the radiator piping. I thought I'd offer it to the guys that have helped me so much over the months first, instead of the other forums.

I'll give it up for $100 or nearest offer.

Work on Car, Go to Gym, Pump Bitches = Life
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

yeah the Cordia TC06 has the flange rotated about 15-20degrees from the standard Starion flange - any exhaust shop with access to decent gear could have sorted that out for you so long as the flange of the exhaust down pipe attaching to the turbo isn't the factory cast unit.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Bruzman
I like starions

Post by Bruzman »

dirtygalant wrote:yeah the Cordia TC06 has the flange rotated about 15-20degrees from the standard Starion flange - any exhaust shop with access to decent gear could have sorted that out for you so long as the flange of the exhaust down pipe attaching to the turbo isn't the factory cast unit.
Thats correct about the degrees!

As for the factory down pipe, it's do-able! not easy by the looks! I had the factory exhaust on it, and it looked modified at the dump-pipe. Also, if wanted, I can throw in the exhaust that fit it, BUT it had a hole or two and was very loud.
coop1er
I've been here before

Post by coop1er »

That picture shows a JA/JB Starion turbo or at least compressor cover. And its a Starion exhaust manifold as well.

A tc05 off a JD has a smaller rear flange than a tc06 off a JA/JB.
Bruzman
I like starions

Post by Bruzman »

coop1er wrote:That picture shows a JA/JB Starion turbo or at least compressor cover. And its a Starion exhaust manifold as well.

A tc05 off a JD has a smaller rear flange than a tc06 off a JA/JB.
I know lol

I am selling a TC06 with starion exhaust manifold.. only difference is the back flange of the turbo. The TC06 is off a cordia which is 10-20 degrees difference..

Cordia's, JA's and JB's used TC06's :)
coop1er
I've been here before

Post by coop1er »

That turbo has a Starion compressor cover on it, which won't fit a Cordia.
Bruzman
I like starions

Post by Bruzman »

coop1er wrote:That turbo has a Starion compressor cover on it, which won't fit a Cordia.
oh true, well maybe someone might use it for a starion, I don't need it anymore :)