Scorpion V8 for sale UPDATE

Got something to sell? Looking for a rare Starion part? Got something bust that needs replacing? then this is your place!
1320ft
almost postwhore

Post by 1320ft »

greenstaz82 wrote:ive seen scorpions engineered with 318 /360 small blocks in them , plenty of room in the engine bay
Not in sydney anymore.

No more SBC's or SBF's in anything, 250ci is about the biggest IIRC that can be engineered now.
The Forum Parts Guy

www.vibrantperformance.com for all your performance fabrication needs

IRS OUTLAW, 2.3L VR4 Powered X235 Drag Car

Here to run out of your life & take all your money!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

really? what are the new regulations exactly?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
bulldogger
Lil' Dorifto

Post by bulldogger »

cars under 1000/1100kgs are allowed a motor size of 2.5 times the wiegth of the car.........anything over a 1000kgs is 4.5 times i think pending on chassis type.........some conversion aint allowed even know the motor size is less then the 2.5times of the car such as 13bt in rx3,r100 etc and fj20det in 1200's,rx3 etc...........i was lucky with my la lancer was engineered in 91 so my 2.6t was legal

you can fit a bigger motor there is away to get a around it if you use lpg

plus a engineered car cant be out of rego for more then 4 yrs if so you'll need a new report
Adriano
I've been here before

Post by Adriano »

I can personally guarantee a 1uz is substantially heavier than a sr20, i was involved in a sr20 to 1uz 180sx conversion.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

ahhh solid evidence! Do you remember by how much?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol